Remember me
Lost Password Register

Red Grainte Conditions
08-13-2007, 08:31 AM,
Red Grainte Conditions
Anyone been there recently.  I may be there a few days this week.
Thanks
08-13-2007, 09:37 PM,
Re: Red Grainte Conditions
Greg,
Was there last week Friday.  Vis is really bad right now. I would guess it at 3 -4 feet.  Water is very warm on top with high 40's down to 70 feet.  Vis is better at 70 feet but it is very dark.
08-14-2007, 07:50 AM,
Thanks, hopefully the Lake God(dess) will smile on me and keep me home diving locally.
Greg
09-16-2007, 09:22 AM,
A few of us went for a swim at Redgranite quarry on Friday evening.    The air was cold, but the water was plenty warm for our newest diver to make it 45 minutes in a wet suit.  Nice job Riley!    Visibility was poor, and we didn't find anywhere that it got a lot better.  You could see an 18W HID through the murk roughly 10 feet away, but there would have been no way to see that far without the lights.  We headed off to the left from the pickle factory bay, and ended up in about 55 ft of water in the bay to the left sifting through more junk that I have seen in a while.  Matt surfaced with at least 4 pairs of glasses on his head, Doug had a couple wife beater shirts, and at least one sock.  I can't wait until Doug models the wife beaters!    I found a dollar, some more crappy glasses, at least one pair of jeans and two towels.  The only thing I brought back was the dollar.  We were in for about an hour and then headed to the Curve In Cafe to discuss our big dive and plan for the next one.  The Curve-In gets an A+ rating from me.  They serve breakfast anytime, have generally good service, and reasonable prices too.  The chili gets good ratings from some of the others, but I'll stick with breakfast.
09-16-2007, 11:34 AM,
Re: Red Granite Quarry Conditions
The annual Appleton Divers Realm quarry cleanup took place on Sat. 9/15.
More than 700 lbs of garbage and treasure was removed.
Thank you Divers Realm, Fox Valley Scuba Club and all those who helped make this the most successful cleanup ever. 

P.S. Bob lost a weight pocket from a Seaquest Balance. Please let Divers Realm know if you find it.
Adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble. <br />Nobody over eighteen in his right mind looks for it.
09-16-2007, 11:57 AM,
Re: Red Granite Quarry Conditions

I don't doubt for a second there was that much trash collected.  Did they bring you a dumpster?  The one that is normally near the pickle factory entrance was not there on Friday night.  Nice job on the clean up.  Any good treasure?
09-16-2007, 02:19 PM,
Re: Red Granite Conditions
Nothing out of the ordinary was found. The Village supplied a port-a-potty and instructions to bag the junk, leave it in a pile and they will take it from there.
Adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble. <br />Nobody over eighteen in his right mind looks for it.
09-16-2007, 09:15 PM,
Anyone spot any jellies or zebra mussels?

Hopefully the mussel I found last year was only one.
DEW &gt;&ltWink)&gt;
09-17-2007, 08:18 AM,

Riley had a great time just putzing around looking at fish, weeds and whatnot.  We are going to try and get out some more to hopefully find some jellyfish so he can collect a few and take them to class.