Remember me
Lost Password Register

AT&T wireless
08-06-2007, 08:45 AM,
AT&T wireless
My current mobile phone contract is up on a month or so.  I sure would like to get an iPhone, but I'm concerned that the AT&T network in the state is poor at best, and will just be frustrating.  Can anyone share their Cingular/AT&T experiences with me?  If you have feelings one way or another, please tell me where you typically use your phone.    I currently have Verizon.

Thanks.
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM,
Re: AT&T wireless
I am with Chris with the exception of the I phone.  I just bought a new laptop that has a built in AT&T wirless card and am thinking about switching over to use it as well as the GSM portion of the network but am worried about local coverage.
08-06-2007, 10:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2007, 10:07 AM by matt t..)
I had Cingular AT&T on my last contract. I could generally get a signal where others couldn't. I switched at the end of contract to U.S. Cellular because the store was open later than Cingular AT&T the night I wanted to renew my contract and get new phones. Cost wise it was a wash for our program.

PS: Next spring when it's time to buy scooters, I don't want to hear that you don't have any $$$  Wink.
08-06-2007, 10:29 AM,
I had Cingular AT&T on my last contract. I could generally get a signal where others couldn't. I switched at the end of contract to U.S. Cellular because the store was open later than Cingular AT&T the night I wanted to renew my contract and get new phones. Cost wise it was a wash for our program.

PS: Next spring when it's time to buy scooters, I don't want to hear that you don't have any $$$  Wink.
[/quote]

Scooters are $4000.    Were you getting service when we were in the UP?
08-06-2007, 12:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2007, 12:55 PM by matt t..)
Quote:Scooters are $4000.  Were you getting service when we were in the UP?
The cost of an I-phone is a good down payment towards going "down town"  ;D. Yes, I was getting good service in the UP. Does this mean your new I-pod is for sale?
08-06-2007, 01:18 PM,
Nah, I don't have any business getting an iPhone.  I was at the damn Apple store last night and I get stupid ideas when I'm there....and when I'm other places too ;D
08-06-2007, 05:47 PM,
Nah, I don't have any business getting an iPhone.  I was at the damn Apple store last night and I get stupid ideas when I'm there....and when I'm other places too ;D
[/quote]
Did they have anything good to eat or drink there?
08-06-2007, 08:03 PM,
I had cingular/ATT on my last contract.  Had poor reception in many important areas for me.  When I had a phone stolen, and called customer service, I was treated like crap.  Switched to US Cellelar and am paying a few more dollars but the reception where I need it has been excellent, and that one impatient customer service rep drove me away.
08-14-2007, 06:56 AM,
I have AT&T and have had it for about three years.    The big problem is it works great in Florida and on the highways all the way to Wisconsin, then it becomes spotty.  Once we get north of Green Bay it works very spotty for short periods.    Then when we get to Lakewood, where we are all summer, the darn thing does Not work at all.  Therefore in the summer it is useless.    I went into the office in Green Bay once and they refused to talk to me because there were customers in the store.  I told them they were not raising the bar, it had been lowered to nothing once you get north of Green Bay.

AT&T use contract towers.    We have towers near us.  Every third or fourth one willwork with AT&T it seems, even though they are owned by the same operator.  If we drive south towads Mountain we can use it for an area around Riverview and that is it.  My son-in-law was just here with his new iPhone and was upset because it did NOT work here.

If you go to AT&T website it gives their coverage areas.  Northeren Wisconsin is spotty.
08-14-2007, 11:09 AM,
I had ATT/Cingular for about 3 weeks and it pretty much sucked with coverage.  Customer service was less than ideal also.  I dropped them and went to Alltel.  Since the move I've had pretty good reception just about wherever I go in Wisconsin, MI and IL.