Remember me
Lost Password Register

The States
07-16-2007, 05:04 PM,
The States
Did anyone happen to Tevo the History Channel Sunday at 1:00pm? 

I am looking to see their series "The States"- particularly the episode that included Wisconsin.  Keith did an interview at Windpoint Lighthouse about Wisconsin shipwrecks particularly the Rouse Simmons

Well, we don't have cable...or a way to record anything for that matter.  It would be cool to see it.  Please let me know if there is a copy out there.
07-16-2007, 05:32 PM,
Re: The States

It appears it was actually on at noon central:

Quote: 12:00 PM      The States: 10 - Georgia, Colorado, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Maryland/DC

Stone Mountain, Georgia, a monument to three heroes of the Confederacy, dwarfs Mt. Rushmore. The Denver Mint in Colorado, which produces the most coins in the world, started out during Colorado's gold and silver boom of the 1860s as a private bank. Wisconsin's Great Lakes are littered with sunken ships, but the cold, fresh waters keep aging vessels intact. One hundred, sixty acres of free land made available by The Homestead Act of 1862 drew settlers to Nebraska's plains. Maryland soil helped found the District of Columbia, but the District's Federal status denies it any state's rights of its own.

Unfortunately they don't show when it'll be on again.
07-16-2007, 05:50 PM,
Ethan-  I couldn't find it on their website either.  That is why I am hoping someone out there either recorded it or has it stored in their Tevo.

I think that there is only 5 maybe 10 minutes on Wisconsin, but we gave them video shot by Richard Dreher on the Rouse- I'd like to see what they used.  The production folks were supposed to let us know when it would air, but we found out when we started getting emails from people all over the place saying that they saw it.

Tami
07-16-2007, 06:00 PM,
I did a search for it on the TIVO, and didn't come up with anything either.  It looks like the whole series will be available on DVD...
07-24-2007, 03:23 PM,
We finally received a copy of the video. Thanks to everyone for looking!