Remember me
Lost Password Register

The Fish of Lake Wazee
07-09-2007, 09:40 PM,
The Fish of Lake Wazee
I was diving in Lake Wazee last weekend and took a number of pictures of the hot fish action.  The fish were very active and were doing what comes naturally.  I hope that you enjoy the fish action and will get out there to see for yourself.

First up is the sucker.  It seems that there are more suckers in the lake all of the time.  Thy seem to enjoy stirring up the bottom more than a Open Water class in July.  Fill free to spear all of these that you want.

Of course you have to start with a bass in the fish cribs.  It would not be right otherwise.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Sucker - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 34.37 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bass - 5 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-09-2007, 09:45 PM,
Re: The Fish of Lake Wazee
Those bass are just about everywhere and they like to follow you around.  Sometimes in packs.  They like to scare the perch and seem to be hungry all of the time.  Here they are in the fish cribs again but also in the weeds.

.jpg_thumb   Bass - 12 - Enhanced - Close-up - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.94 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bass - 9 - Enhanced - Close-up - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 25.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-09-2007, 09:52 PM,
I have noticed that some of the bass in Lake Wazee have a very obvious bi-lateral color difference.  The left side will be normal but the right side will have very dark markings or in one case, that I saw several years ago, solid black.  You can see this bi-lateral difference on the bass in the weeds.  I wonder if this is common or not.  Maybe it is the nature of Lake Wazee.

The bass love the trees also.

.jpg_thumb   Bass - 15 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 41.44 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bass - 18 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.79 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-09-2007, 09:57 PM,
Walleye are another of the aggressive fish in the lake.  There seem to be more young walleye this year.  Especially in the fish cribs.  Sometimes the walleye are hard to see against the background of the rocks and weeds.  They are fun to watch.

.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.11 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.96 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-09-2007, 10:03 PM,
There are some big walleye in the lake.  I mean really big walleye.  They like to hide under trees near the boat landing.  The first picture gives some idea of the way that the big walleye hide under the trees.  The second a little closer look.

.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 7 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.42 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 6 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.37 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-09-2007, 10:06 PM,
Here are the big walleye on the move.  This guy does not worry about anything.  This big guy would be hard to catch because of the trees.  You have to go visit them some time.  It can be a swim.

.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 9 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.59 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 8 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.55 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-09-2007, 10:19 PM,
The real tough guy of the lake is the bluegills.  These guys are tough and will take on anyone of any size.  Had one attack the top of my hood. 

.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 4 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 30.57 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-09-2007, 10:23 PM,
Finally check out the snails.  Cute little guys. 

Hope that you enjoyed the pictures of the fish life.  Get out there and have a look for yourself.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Snail - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.02 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Snail - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 40.26 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-09-2007, 10:44 PM,
Great Pics
07-10-2007, 06:52 AM,
WOW, now I want to go to wazee again!!! Thanx for the pics.