Remember me
Lost Password Register

Current Devil's Lake conditions
07-06-2007, 06:44 AM,
Current Devil's Lake conditions
Hi everyone,
Has anyone been to Devil's Lake in the last week?  Would like to know current conditions, husband and I are going tomorrow and just wanted some relatively recent info Thanks!

Laurie Kutil
Laurie
07-06-2007, 08:19 AM,
Re: Current Devil's Lake conditions
Me too.
07-06-2007, 09:39 AM,
On last Monday, the viz was really good; probably 25' in places, less in others.  As of Wednesday, I'd say there were places that hit 20' as well.  I was comfortable for two hours with a 3mm suit covered by a 3mm shortie.  Most people are diving with 3mm suits lately.  Below 23 feet or so, you will get chilled but as you know most diving in that lake can be above the thermocline.

Hope this helps.

Mike
07-06-2007, 09:41 AM,
Laurie,

Perhaps we'll see  you and Al there.  I'm helping with a part II and my daughter will be in a class.

Mike
07-06-2007, 09:20 PM,
Thanks everyone!  That sounds great, We will be there on the East Bluff, We like to re-inact our underwater wedding during the month of July. Its our 8th year already!  Smile  Hope to see you too Mike.

Laurie
Laurie
07-19-2007, 08:35 PM,
Was the Honeymoon performed down under too?! :o
Life's Short, Dive Hard
07-20-2007, 03:34 AM,
In a way, we went to Florida and dove in Blue Spring and the ocean.  We earned our Deep Diving cert. on our honeymoon. The best part was going to Hal Watt's 40 Fathom Grotto for part of our class. It was great meeting Hal Watts, deep air diving record holder. What fun!
Laurie