Remember me
Lost Password Register

GPS Receivers
07-04-2007, 07:52 AM,
GPS Receivers
I need, yep need, a new GPS and I'm leaning towards the Garmin GPSMap 60CSX.  Any of you use one?  How do you like it compared to others you have tried.  I have messed with a few of the eTrex series units and I don't care for the joystick they have.  The 60CSX has a larger screen, an external antenna, and buttons instead of that goofy joystick.

This would be used for geocaching, driving around, and whatever.  I would most likely get a handlebar mount for my Trek and my Husqvarna.

07-04-2007, 08:54 AM,
Re: GPS Receivers
Haven't used that one, but I've been a big fan of the eTrex series.  I beat up a Vista for about 4 years and the screen finally went out so I went to the Vista Cx.  They finally built auto-routing into the eTrex ones so I'm a fan.

When you decide to buy, check out this website -

I've bought 3 GPS units from them now over the years - when I bought my last one (the Cx) I had the opportunity to buy my unit at dealer cost from a small local shop, and TVNav was still cheaper and was able to get it to me faster!
07-04-2007, 09:03 AM,
Todd, do you have the Vista CX?
07-04-2007, 09:34 AM,
Yup, Vista CX.  I'm pretty happy with the unit.  I just need the topo maps now and I should be pretty well set for awhile.
07-04-2007, 09:38 AM,
I'm not getting that one, it makes wives really angry. ;D
07-04-2007, 11:37 AM,
I've got the Vista Cx as well and I really like it.  So far I just have the factory 64MB micro SD memory card and the City Navigator map software loaded. I want to get a bigger card and the topo map software though.
07-04-2007, 12:22 PM,
I have a 1GB card in my stupid mobile phone right now, so memory shouldn't be an issue. Do any of you know if you can have the TOPO and city navigator on the unit at the same time?
07-04-2007, 05:29 PM,
I'd be curious to know this as well.  I just ordered a 2GB card today.
07-04-2007, 06:18 PM,
I've got the 2GB card and I can fit the whole US City Nav on it and still have some room.  I am pretty sure that you can load both types of maps at the same time.
07-04-2007, 06:40 PM,
You can have all sorts of maps on at the same time - I've got Topo, City Navigator, Metro Guide & Roads & Rec all at once.  The limitation is that you can only display one mapset at a time, so you have to deselect the maps you don't want to see.