Remember me
Lost Password Register

1st real dry suit experience
07-03-2007, 10:14 AM,
Re: 1st real dry suit experience

I'm not sure if Dean is referring to my post or not but I don't want to give the impression that you are not going to have problems.  Ultimately I agree with Chris to find a better fitting suit.  It seemed as though you resigned yourself to diving the suit so I offered suggestions to help make it easier.  I would definitely try other options for a better fitting suit first.  It will make it much more enjoyable.

07-03-2007, 10:44 AM,

I'm not sure if Dean is referring to my post or not but I don't want to give the impression that you are not going to have problems.  Ultimately I agree with Chris to find a better fitting suit.  It seemed as though you resigned yourself to diving the suit so I offered suggestions to help make it easier.  I would definitely try other options for a better fitting suit first.  It will make it much more enjoyable.

[/quote]
Either that, or Dean hasn't seen us in the water lately ;D
07-03-2007, 12:11 PM,

[/quote]
[/quote]

You ain't kidding there :o
07-03-2007, 02:12 PM,

[/quote]
[/quote]

You ain't kidding there :o
[/quote]
Ankle weights anyone? Anyone? ;D
07-05-2007, 01:07 PM,
Just remember those Coast Guard divers doing that ice dive practice died because they only used the dry suit for buoyancy control. They didn't hook up their BCs because they either didn't know they needed to or didn't have the correct regulator setup. They also overweighted (65# each...jeesh) so when they tried to flood the suits, the seals couldn't hold the air and down they went. If they would have had BCs that were usable they might be alive today. I think PADI needs to review what they teach. I neutralize with the BC (well, actually a BP/W) and then maintain on the suit.

Mike
07-07-2007, 07:54 AM,
The way I was taught, was that the BC is for buoyancy and the drysuit is for squeeze.  I guess that the "drysuit BC" came about from the older manual inflator suits.  That would help keep the confusion down between inflator/dump hoses.  Since suits now are power inflated with seperate dump, this training should  be reviewed.
DEW >&ltWink)>
07-27-2007, 08:11 PM,
Hey scubagrrl, how did your drysuit experience go?  Just curious, hope it went well.