Remember me
Lost Password Register

Watch out for Wisetronics.com
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM,
Watch out for Wisetronics.com
Based on what I thought was a good price, I placed an order with Wisetronics.com for a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 for my father-in-law. A couple of days later I get a call saying "Ya know, that doesn't come with a battery (first lie) you need to buy one, we have the 2 hour battery for 39 and an extented 8 hour for 99" I asked him point blank "You mean this camera doesn't come with a battery?" he said "No, you need to buy this one, but buy the extended one and I will throw in the other for free!" (second lie) I checked on this and the kit from the factory comes with the battery and charger. I cancelled the order, the guy on the other end of the line said "Ok, your order is cancelled" (third lie). Now, nearly two weeks later I get a shipping notice saying my order from them has shipped. Luckily I called my credit card company when I cancelled the order and told them I had cancelled it and to make sure that a note was placed in the account. I called them back today and disputed the charge.

I also sent a note to Wisetronics telling them I didn't want the camera, and if they shipped it it would be unsoliciuted merchandise. Under the laws of the US if you receive unsolicited merchandise you are under no obligation to return it to pay for it. I thanked them for the free camera.

Watch these clowns, don't use them!!
06-14-2007, 05:52 AM,
Re: Watch out for Wisetronics.com
B&H Photo out of New York is one of the best choices. Big Grin 
DEW >&ltWink)>