Remember me
Lost Password Register

Laminated Tables
06-04-2007, 09:23 AM,
Laminated Tables
Ok kids,

I'm getting tired of always writing out my tables in my wetnotes and wrist-slate and I'm looking at creating a little booklet of laminated standard tables. I've used the poor-man' lamination method of printing out of v-planner, cutting the table, and sandwiching it between strips of packing tape in the past. Now I'm looking for more permanent solution. Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I thought I'd ask some of you what standard mixes-depths-times you may have if some of you already have these made.

Gracias
06-04-2007, 10:33 AM,
Re: Laminated Tables
This paper is pretty good stuff.  It works with inkjet printing even from what I've been told.

EDIT - forgot the link:

06-04-2007, 10:35 AM,
I cut my tables from Deco Planner and paste them into Excel. Excel allows me to resize them when I print. I break the tables down to depth ranges and contingency tables. When they print, they are the size of a business card. I then took them to Kinkos and laminated them on the stardard business card size.

Or you can print them out and laminate them. I just like the business card size as they fit nicely into my wet notes notebook.
Duane A. Johnson<br />www.precisiondiving.net
06-04-2007, 10:58 AM,
I really like the waterproof paper idea, however it requires you get very good at printing things right where you need them if you are trying to print double sided.
06-04-2007, 11:05 AM,

This is a good idea provided that your ink is not water-soluble. I think most inkjets are unfotunately.

And to everyone that has responded so far, I know how to cut tables - my question is what tables do you have printed already and keep with you at all times? Do you have basic tables for standard mixes like:

30/30
21/35
18/45
15/55
10/70

and deco bottles of 50% and 100%

OR do you have other tables with you?

06-04-2007, 11:11 AM,

This stuff can apparently bonds w/ the ink and it won't run - a few guys on the cave diver board print on it w/ inkjets and have no problems with it.
06-04-2007, 11:21 AM,

This is a good idea provided that your ink is not water-soluble. I think most inkjets are unfotunately.

And to everyone that has responded so far, I know how to cut tables - my question is what tables do you have printed already and keep with you at all times? Do you have basic tables for standard mixes like:

30/30
21/35
18/45
15/55
10/70

[/quote]

That would be a great start with bailout tables associated with them.
I don't like to think about the back gas only tables for most dives.
What we most often do is run our tables with Dplan (PDA Version) on the way to the dive site and then write them on a piece of duct tape on our light ballast.  The Halcyon 18W ballasts are perfect size for this and easier to glance at the tables there than in my wet notes.  I can get out the wet notes if there is a change in the plan and I need to see additional tables.
06-04-2007, 11:55 AM,
I cut tables for the depth ranges of the standard gasses you listed. I also cut tables for loss of deco gas (50% only, 100% only, and back gas only). I stopped my at a max run time of 120 minutes and a max depth of 200 feet.

Duane

30/30
21/35
18/45
15/55
10/70

[/quote]
Duane A. Johnson<br />www.precisiondiving.net
06-04-2007, 08:28 PM,
I usually cut tables with DecoPlanner for the most common dives (15/55, 18/45 and 21/35).  Bottom time ranges 10-20 for 15/55, 15-30 for 18/45 and 20-40 with 21/35.  Both tables include bailout for 2 deco gases (50% and 100%).  I generally still cut tables on site and use the laminated ones for backup.  Everything else I cut for the dive specifically.

Hope that helps.
06-18-2007, 08:32 PM,
I think your best deal is to print them out on regular paper and then hit up kinkos -- it'll cost a buck or so and its gonna work.