Remember me
Lost Password Register

View Point- This website guidelines
06-03-2007, 03:38 PM,
View Point- This website guidelines
     I feel that dive shops and such charter operations should not be trying to sell thier product or services on this website.   
Such vendors should be shuned for using this website as cheap advertisement.  Any arrangement of a dive get together should not have any profit incentives.  The reason I mention this is because I am 100% for this diver website only as a means for recreational divers to communicate between each other. 
                                                   Mike B.
06-03-2007, 03:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2007, 03:50 PM by LKunze.)
Re: View Point- This website guidelines
Well you are entitled to your opinion but this site is designed for more than just a means of hooking up with dive buddies.  We do have a separate forum for Local Dive Shops to post their events etc. and a forum for members to discuss local dive shops.  The Diving Get Togethers forum is for "Non" dive shop events and this is where most members go to set up dives and find dive buddies outside of the dive shops.  I think the majority of our members appreciate having visibility of the local dive shop events and I think it benefits our members and dive shops both for them to participate on this site.  If you don't like reading about the dive shops you can just avoid reading the Dive Shop forums.  Any dive shop topics that get posted anywhere but their assigned forums get moved by the moderators and admin of this site.
06-03-2007, 05:32 PM,
  I am glad to see that you totally agree to move those postings  to the proper spots!  How soon will that be done?
                                                            Mike B.
06-03-2007, 08:13 PM,
Which threads do you feel should be moved from diving get togethers to the dive shop events?
06-04-2007, 05:54 AM,
I appreciate your input, but that's not necessarily the full intentions of this forum.

We've actually spent time at several diving shows speaking with charter operators and shop owners to encourage them to post their sales and events information on this board.  This board is for the Wisconsin diving community as a whole.  You can come here to discusss diving (both rec & tech), find out about charters, get togethers and gear deals.  We are trying to foster an online community that pulls in every aspect of Wisconsin diving.

We do typically keep the posts that are selling items in the appropriate threads, we don't allow sales pitches to be thrown into normal local diving discussions.

If there are any posts in particular you disagree with let us know and we can take a look at them.

06-05-2007, 08:50 AM,
I wish shops would do more to post their info on sales,  trips and events here. 
Life's Short, Dive Hard
06-05-2007, 04:46 PM,
...I have to agree.....