Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Shops Map
04-30-2007, 04:09 PM,
Dive Shops Map
I've created a map that I'm sure many will find useful...   The data was originally taken from the diveshops pages on mnscuba and wiscuba but then was cleaned up a bunch for missing/incorrect addresses and such.  The diveshops directory is great, but the map adds a nice visual of shops near any specific location.

To the site admins... if there is interest in getting this map up on the mnscuba/wiscuba sites (which was my original intent in creating it), get in touch and I'll help to get it up there.  Also, if the diveshops pages get modified just a smidge, the map can get updated directly from the info in those pages whenever they get updated.  We can talk more outside this thread about the specifics.

Nick

(posted on MNScuba and WIScuba)
05-01-2007, 04:13 PM,
Re: Dive Shops Map
...this is nice...thanks....
08-05-2007, 07:35 PM,

I can not get it to work????    Anyone know where I can get tanks filled to 3500 near Lakewood, Wi (up 32 north of Green Bay)
08-06-2007, 05:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2007, 05:28 AM by matt t..)
Nothing looks to be close to where you're headed. There are a few shops within an hour or 2.
08-11-2007, 05:52 PM,
Bummer, guess I will just have to do a road trip to Green Bay.    Thanks.
08-12-2007, 09:17 AM,
...our family had a cabin on Chain Lake when I growing up....my parents sold it sometime in the mid 70's....& I went back just to look in the early 90's & man...what a change..... Sad....    .....how is the diving there...?.....
.....Dave.....
08-12-2007, 10:49 AM,
My parents have a cottage on Stratton Lake, Just off the chain about 4 miles on highway 22. Spring and fall diving is great, summer diving is OK but with all the boating activity vis is touch and go.  There is great access to diving right off the boat landing.

There are a couple of spots on the chain that can be great for diving but you really should have a boat to get to those spots. Again, there is a lot of boat activity on the chain, spring and fall are the best periods to get away from all the crazy boaters.

Moat all the lakes in the surrounding chain area offer great Vis with a lot of fish life.  There is one lake, Spensor Lake, that I have yet to dive, that makes me go GA GA every time I view it from the road. The deep blue color of water is amazing.
08-12-2007, 11:17 AM,

We are on Chain Lake.  Our house has been in the family since 60's.  All the years I have been diving and I have never dove in any of the lakes around Lakewood, so far.  I am a Florida native and have never liked the cold, heee heee.  Another person here has talked me into giving it a try, why not I am in my 60's now....  We are going to do Chain, Maiden, and Wheeler during the week.    Weekends there is too much boating activity.  My sister is bringing my dive gear from Florida this week.    Stay shallow and stay warm, heee heee.

Dave
08-12-2007, 09:44 PM,
.....if you have ties dating back to the 60's...you must remember the gas station on the south shore next to the deer farm...getting bait & gas for the motor boat....&  Friday night fish up in Townsend.....& what it was like before they redid the highway.....(thanks Mom & Dad)....I've never done a dive in Chain...but maybe just to tie in the old memories...........
08-13-2007, 09:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2007, 09:37 AM by 427dave.)
Aw yes, the old gas station was on the north shore..   Then they had flea markets in it on the weekends after the gas station closed, our kids use to walk over and come home with lots of stuff for 25 cents.   They had a restruant in it at one time.   It was owned by Pelky.   His son has a camping trailer on the site where the station was now.   Club 32 had great fish fries back then (previous owners).    Remember when highway 32 went right by our place before re-routing.   Pelky's station across the road also had a bear that was used in the Gentle Ben TV series along with all the deer.

We are only here in the summers now, take off for warmer weather  and diving in the winter.    Also this area beomes a ghost town in the winter.

Dave

I will let you know how the diving went after my sister gets here with my gear.  I have my underwater camera with me so maybe I will get some good pictures.