Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Superior Diving?
04-29-2007, 12:16 PM,
Lake Superior Diving?
Hello all, I would like to do some shore diving around lake superior but I would like to stay in the rocky areas, pebbles and such. I think the sand would be a nucince as I am looking for stones and other things that sand would just cover and get all over the equipment. If you guys and gals have any ideas please let me know. I am also looking for cabins in the lake area to rent, If you have any ideas there as well. Thanks for any help offered. James
04-29-2007, 02:56 PM,
Re: Lake Superior Diving?
Presque Isle Park in Marquette, Michigan has a cove that is used for dive training and is a great spot for looking at rock structure.  Plenty to see and very interesting geography.  Easy to find and Marquette is a nice area.  There are other shore dives in the area.  You are only 45 minutes from Munising and the great wreck diving over there.  Also, a nice shore dive to the old peir behind Munising High School.  Really neat at night.

Check with Ship Wreck Tours in Munising

and DIver Dwn in Marquette

Enjoy the dive.

DOug
04-29-2007, 04:27 PM,
Re: Lake Superior Diving?
I've done the dive behind the high school in Munising.  Lots of cool junk there too. Just becarefull climbing up and down the seawall.

Jim