Remember me
Lost Password Register

deans wrecks off milwaukee
04-27-2007, 02:44 PM,
deans wrecks off milwaukee
Does anyone know about these and the area they are in?  I will be diving the area real soon and was wondering if anybody knows anything. 

I have Jerry's scans.  I dove dean1 and 2 plus one other one in the area.  The deans appear to be large pre-cast concrete marine foundations that were dumped.  There is a funny line on the scan that squiggles through the area and appears to be the remains of an ancient river or fault line or something big was dragged through the area.  I have read about fault lines that cross Milwaukee and into the lake.
04-27-2007, 06:22 PM,
Re: deans wrecks off milwaukee
Contact Dean on the board here for more info.
04-28-2007, 07:56 AM,
Thanks for the response.  I checked the members list what is his handle?
04-28-2007, 08:37 AM,
DiveCaptDean
04-28-2007, 03:39 PM,
I wish i had more information to give you..I know nothing about what they are and only know where they are and what they look like..I have not spent any time looking into it.  Jerry may know more as he mentioned that he thought they were found many years ago..but never dove prior to our finding them( that i know of)...I am no longer in the milwaukee area..so i dont see myslef gettting to them any time soon...good luck with what you find out..and please let me know...
deano
04-28-2007, 06:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-28-2007, 06:16 PM by underwateraddict.)
Jerry had released another scan this spring showing what he called the twins.  I had previously dove both dean1 and dean2.  Jerry had also directed me to a third one that I dove two summers back.  Today I dove the twins which turned out to be just a single like all the others  My anchor landed in one of the compartments.  I have dove four of these now.  Jerry does not have much information on them so I though I would try here.

Thanks for your response.