Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive shops in Hawaii
04-17-2007, 02:08 PM,
Dive shops in Hawaii
Looking for a good dive shop in Hawaii in Maui and Kauai.  Trying to get a 6-8 pack and stay away from the cattle boats and inexperienced divers.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

04-17-2007, 02:41 PM,
Re: Dive shops in Hawaii

I went with Ed Robinson's on Maui and really liked them:

They're a great operation and I really enjoyed diving with them.  The one downside is that they're pretty expensive, but you'll find that's true for every operation on Maui.  The one thing you should not miss is to do a shore dive (night dive) if possible at Black Rock on Maui.  Enter to the right by the golf course and come out on the beach.  It's an amazing spot and I really remember the dives I did there more than the boat dives.

Ethan
04-17-2007, 09:01 PM,
I dove with B&B Scuba on Maui. I had a great time they have a very well run boat. They usually had about 6 to 8 divers on the boat. The owner Brad is originally from Chicago and they go out of their way to be accomodating. I have dove with a number of shops on Maui and when ever we return I will only dive with B&B. By the way he is an IANTD trimix instructor and his shop is the only one on Maui that mixes trimix. We did a couple of nice normixic dives on the back wall at Molokini. If you have to deco for 1/2 hour it shure is nice to drift along the back wall.

Have Fun!!
John
04-17-2007, 09:52 PM,
Bubbles below is  a good op on Kauai
04-18-2007, 07:32 AM,
I would go with Jacks Diving Locker in Kona.  Teri and Jeff run one of the best Dive Centers and Charters in the country.  You can check them out at and just think they started it all from a litte VW bus that they would take around the island.

03-04-2008, 09:52 PM,
I would recommend B&B Scuba as well. Brad and Blessy are awesome people. Brad is an instructor for PADI, TDI and supports nitrox, trri-mix and Inspiration CCR diving as well as standard open water charters.

Great captain and crew on their charters as well

-JMK
02-25-2010, 01:28 PM,
I went with Seasport Divers in Kauai @ Koloa (Poipu).  Good times.  The crew was great.

See my dive report link (including video):

ERROR:  PC LOAD LETTER