Remember me
Lost Password Register

S.S. Badger shore line cruise!May 26th
04-08-2007, 02:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2007, 07:42 PM by moneysavr.)
S.S. Badger shore line cruise!May 26th
FYI
The S.S.Badger has a Great shore line cruise from Manitowocs harbor, with beer,food,fun! call the 800 no# to book as its  not on the web site.

Any one who dives the S.S. Milwaukee will love to walk the Badgers deck as the ships are close class types,

And Last year SwimJim and myself had the  PRIVILEGE to tour her engine room with the Chief Engineer, Man this was the best tour ever!! And her steam engines as listed  with the Historical society
spotless,quiet, neat and clean!
And all the Brass!!! Sweet!

And had a chance to meet several other dive pals on her decks-not sure if they were up to no good as she could be a great dive site but looks better plying the Lake Michigan waters daily

Shoreline Cruise on the S.S. Badger, annual shoreline party cruise
along Manitowoc's shoreline includes entertainment, dancing, family-friendly activities, food and beverages, 2-4pm, fee TBA, reservations required, 800-841-4243 or 684-0888,

Dive safe,
Let me know if you go I will for sure be on the trip,
Brad

Oh by the way  on the Wisconsin side of the tour we drink more beer!! than the Michigan side tour= stats from the chief!
04-21-2007, 08:26 AM,
Re: S.S. Badger shore line cruise!May 26th
Hey Brad, now that you are in tight with the chief engineer, are you getting me down to see the engine room this year?  ;D
Dennis
04-22-2007, 12:57 PM,
I will sure try, They have several that work long shifts and for this run put on the formal whites-they dont like it,,but we spot the chief top side I will make my moves!
Brad
06-14-2007, 01:54 PM,

How was this?  Did anyone from the board attend?  I would've liked to go, but was out of 6town that weekend.  Maybe next year...

Ethan
06-14-2007, 05:08 PM,
I attended as did Moneysavr and we had a great time.  Theres just something about being on board the Badger that makes it special.  She has alot akin to the Milwaukee.  You can still see the railroad tracks in the deck although they haven't been used in many years.  You move along at fifteen knots or so and its so smooth.  Just a great time.  Good eats too.

Jim
06-15-2007, 04:41 AM,
As Jim said it was a great trip,food was great, beer cold even had some micro brews on tap for the trendy folks
I just looked at a video and photo CD made by a Jims uncle and looks like all had a great trip as I did!
Brad
06-19-2007, 06:37 PM,
That sounds like it was enjoyable, much more so than our trip on the Badger from over in MI to WI couple years back.  It was too cold that day to spend any significant time outside, the "private" rooms were all taken, and we spent something like 4 hours trapped with other people's children running about and shouting.  Didn't leave me with a very nice memory of the Badger. hehe
The only good diver is a wet diver.
06-20-2007, 07:15 AM,

Start with the noisiest kid and throw it overboard.  The others will soon shape up. >Big Grin