Remember me
Lost Password Register

Info on Pearl Lake In IL
04-08-2007, 12:54 PM,
Info on Pearl Lake In IL
Does anyone have any info on the conditions at pearl in April and may?
I was wondering if the vis is still ice diving quality during these months or if it is mucked up from the get go. Any help would be appreciated.  James
04-14-2007, 07:56 AM,
Re: Info on Pearl Lake In IL
Sorry, i haven't been there yet this year.
04-14-2007, 10:49 AM,
I believe that this is the opening weekend
04-23-2007, 11:34 AM,
OK, so I went out to pearl this weekend and had a great time. we combined the first dive of My scuba season with my first dry suit dive, all I can say is WOW! Vis was around 30' and water temp was around 55 at the surface and 40 at 50'. We did two dives and more or less had the whole lake to ourselves. The big fish were out to welcome us back. I didnt flood my drysuit nor did I flood my new camera, so I would call this a good dive.
04-23-2007, 12:43 PM,
So, how did you feel about bouyancy with the new ds?
04-26-2007, 07:27 AM,
well, it is definitely different than my wetsuit, but I was better that I thought I would be. The first dive I was all over the place but I had much better control on the second one so I hold out hope that I can dive with others with out mucking up their dive on them. It is different but I think I will be ok with a little practice.
05-13-2007, 04:56 PM,
I think i'd like to get my first dives of the season tomorrow if possible.  Anyone up for a trip to Pearl Lake Monday May 14th?  I'm free all day.