Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ghost Ship Festival
03-19-2007, 06:08 PM,
Ghost Ship Festival
In case anyone is interested, March 23-24 is the eighth annual Ghost Ships Festival.  I plan on going Saturday.  Go to for details
Life's Short, Dive Hard
03-28-2007, 05:20 AM,
Re: Ghost Ship Festival
I was exhibiting out at the Beneath the Sea Show in Seacaucas, New Jersey, this past weekend, so unfortunately I missed Ghost Ships Festival again this year. 

My little happy-snappy camera apparently made it to Milwaukee.  Looks like you all had a good time.  There were some pretty interesting snapshots and videos! I was really surprised that there hasn't been any discussion here on this forum about happenings at the show. 

Capt. Dean with pirate women...does your wife know?

Jay Hansen in a kilt...yes!  Just an added element of surprise when you climb up his boat ladder after a dive.  :o

Come on, there has to have been some good stories, good presentations, interesting exhibits, who was there-who wasn't there, etc.

Tami

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Dean2.jpg_thumb (Size: 30.84 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   JayInKilt2.jpg_thumb (Size: 30.46 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-28-2007, 05:30 AM,
I was there, had a great time being my first time to an event like this.  Really wished I had more money to spend, there were some good deals.  Enjoyed the presentations and really getting the itch to get into tech diving to explore wrecks.  Budget is a major problem for me at this point.  I did buy a ScubaStik to fish underwater.  Can't wait to try it out.  Also got spring straps for my fins.
Life's Short, Dive Hard
03-29-2007, 09:07 AM,
Ghost Ships Needs Your Help
What a great show!  And you had to love the Pirate Girl with the Big Guns.  It was great seeing all of my old friends again and meeting new ones.  I think it is a great testimony to all Great Lakes Divers on how Ghost Ships keeps growing year after year.  Brad and Kim are always looking forward on how to keep it fresh and keep it growing.

Anyway Ghost Ships needs your help.  I talked with Brad on Monday and he informed me of some bad news.  Someone stole his camera out of his car.  If anyone has any pictures or video of the show PLEASE HELP by sending in a copy or dropping a copy off at any of the Deep Blue stores.  Ghost Ships likes to keep a photo and video diary of every event and they need our help.

Rich
03-29-2007, 08:25 PM,
Why does everyone keep PMing me asking for additional pictures of Jay in the kilt? 

Consider getting your own if you're "kilt-curious"- .

Tami
03-30-2007, 02:25 PM,
Ah I wish I went, had to work though, so maybe next year Smile
Daring to explore is great, daring not too...is unacceptable
03-30-2007, 05:53 PM,
Had a great time at the show this year.  I believe Greg has a few of the highly collectible pink shirts left if anyone is interested. Pink IS the new black you know  Wink.
03-31-2007, 06:48 PM,
Hey, I know that Dean character. I'll have to ask about pirate woman!

Had a great time at the show. Really got me thinking about getting out on the big ponds this year. Can't wait...
Dennis