Remember me
Lost Password Register

Maps/Charts
03-18-2007, 09:51 AM,
Maps/Charts
I thought this may be of interst to general users of this site, or cartography buffs like myself.  The University of Wisconsin Sea Grant Institute will be exhibiting a collection of original old maps and charts (starting tomorrow).  Here is the info:

Making Maps, Making History- 300 Years of Original Maps of Wisconsin and the Great Lakes

March 19,2007 - June 29, 2007

Special Collections, 9th Floor
Memorial Library on the University of Wisconsin-Madison Campus

As I understand, admission is free.  Attendees can register for a drawing for an Ipod or the tour book "Around the Shore of Lake Superior.

03-18-2007, 09:21 PM,
Re: Maps/Charts
...great...Barb and I are heading down to Madison next weekend to do State Street & campus haunts...we'll give that alook....thanks....
03-21-2007, 04:31 PM,
Here is a link to the exhibit website: 

They are in the process of uploading images of all of the charts and maps...so come back daily.  Looks like they have part of the video pod cast up today.  I am going to try to sneek over to see the actual exhibit tomorrow.

Tami
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM,
...had to postpone....nasty chest cold in the house......we'll still make it tho....
04-04-2007, 06:01 PM,
Christopher Baruth, Curator of UWM American Geographical Society Library and expert on Great Lakes mapping is presenting “Early Mapping and Charting of the Great Lakes”.  It's a free lecture- scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday, April 5) at the UW-Madison Memorial Library, Special Collections at 4 pm.  A Reception will follow.

04-05-2007, 09:20 AM,

I'll be there.  Is anyone else going?