Remember me
Lost Password Register

my daughter on Fear Factor tomorrow night (Monday)
09-28-2003, 05:38 AM,
my daughter on Fear Factor tomorrow night (Monday)
Hey, bragging again... my daughter is on Fear Factor tomorrow night.. Monday.. Check it out. She's got guts!!
How do you spell "fear" ?

I hate spiders....
Fred
09-28-2003, 10:15 AM,
Re:my daughter on Fear Factor tomorrow night (Monday)
Wow, that will be something to see. Not sure that I will change my diet. I have an interesting story about overcoming fear of spiders, but that is a different story. :o

I like this kind of bragging.

Doug
09-28-2003, 12:57 PM,
Let's hear it man. Now I wanna know. Wink
09-28-2003, 01:16 PM,
Let's hear it man. Now I wanna know. Wink
[/quote]

Ok,Ok the short version.

When I was a teenager I worked on a crew that white washed barns. My job was to knock all of the loose stuff from the walls using and air lance. It took 2 hands to control the air lance. Had to wear goggles, dust mask and heavy cloths for safety.

If you hit a spider right, you could shoot it off a few walls, against your cheek, and under the goggles. This is quit a feat, but there are a lot of spiders in a barn. After a few times having spiders walking past your eye to your nose in the goggles and not being able to let go of the lance since it would knock you silly if you did, you lost your fear of spiders. Developed a technique where I could shake my head and push the spider to the bottom of the goggle, hopefully to fall out. If not, they would just climb up again.

A summer of this will remove your fear of spiders.
Tongue
Doug

09-29-2003, 06:16 AM,
Oh god...

I'm gonna be sick. :-X

I'm so arachnophobic it's not even funny.

I hate that story Doug.
09-29-2003, 07:17 AM,
HAHAHAHA, that's a good one!! Jason, I can see the twisted, disgusted, nauseated look on your face from here. Just eat one Jason and you should be fine from then on. Its gotta be a big fat crunchy puss filled one though. Sort of like a 3 week old Jelly filled Bismark from Dunkin Donuts.

Todd
09-29-2003, 07:32 AM,
Uh uh. No way. Eeeechh. Man....

Ya know, you hear that "factoid" of how people eat a spider or two a year in their sleep?? Yeah..that little one makes me want to put an IV drip of caffeine into my so I never go to sleep again. That or wrap a screen around my face.

*shudder*

I'm gonna have to watch that fear factor tonight just out of morbid curiosity.
09-29-2003, 06:38 PM,
Oh man.

I just watched that episode of Fear Factor.

Oh man. Gimme snakes, gimme leeches, hell I would have had fun diving for the kidneys with the piranhas.

But those spiders.

Tell your daughter congrats!
10-21-2003, 09:05 AM,

Ya know, you hear that "factoid" of how people eat a spider or two a year in their sleep?? Yeah..that little one makes me want to put an IV drip of caffeine into my so I never go to sleep again. That or wrap a screen around my face.

*shudder*

I KNEW that dream I had about eating the funny tasting popcorn was BAD Sad
12-28-2003, 09:52 PM,
Fred,

They showed your spider-eating daughter on tv again tonight- part of the best TV moments of 2003!

You'll have to let me in on your secret to raising tough, but still cute, girls. Wink

Jon