Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hand Signals
09-27-2003, 02:07 PM,
Hand Signals
At times I am able to record some interesting hand signals while taking pictures. I hope to record some of them here for other people to see. Do not be afraid to put you favorites here.

My son Josh always has good signals. Here I believe that he is indicating he saw some type of sea creatre. Please let me know your interpretation. Big Grin

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Josh_-_7_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.69 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-27-2003, 02:10 PM,
Re:Hand Signals
Here Josh is indicating that he either has a dry mouth or his secondary tastes bad. Hard to say. He was OK for the rest of the dive. :-X

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Josh_-_13_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.54 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-27-2003, 02:14 PM,
Here Josh is indicating that he has 1000 psig of air or that I am #1 in his book. Josh really cares about his dad.

Hope to see more hand signals in the future.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Josh_-_2_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.84 KB / Downloads: 0)
12-19-2003, 12:30 PM,
Hey, does anyone have a good link to some of the GUE handsignals currently in use (and any other good one?? )

thanks
12-20-2003, 09:46 AM,
Doug,

The last photo is great. I'm glad he thinks you're #1.

The other interpretation of this hand signal, if used during a night dive is: "...your dive light is in my eyes!"

Or, in an OOA situation could be: ".....sorry, but I'm not quite sure I want to share my air supply with the likes of you!" In that case, time to find a new buddy. Wink

Colin.

12-20-2003, 11:17 AM,

I have a copy of the NSS Cave Diving Manual an Overview there are 2+ pages of hand signals in it. I doubt that GUE has their own signals.
12-22-2003, 02:54 PM,
Hand signal number three......Yes, i have used it my self. It quite simply translates to
.....UP...
Happy holdiays to all
Dean