Remember me
Lost Password Register

What do you pack for a dive vacation?
02-22-2007, 07:22 PM,
What do you pack for a dive vacation?
Here are my ideas:

what should be added?
02-22-2007, 08:00 PM,
Re: What do you pack for a dive vacation?
We like tanks ;D

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   packing for a dive vacation1.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.95 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Packing for a dive vacation2.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-22-2007, 08:11 PM,
A bit hard to get those to Belize I imagine!  ;D
02-22-2007, 08:14 PM,
They all made it to Canada, but not in that vehicle.
02-22-2007, 09:12 PM,
Thats my wifes truck..... >Big Grin  Good thing she didn't see me load it...
I had to hit the brakes every now and then just to steer ;D
02-27-2007, 06:42 PM,
My Dan Card!
My Reg.
Mask, Fin & Snorkel.
BCD With A Safety Sausage & A Whistle!
Wet Suite & A Hat.
Aspirin, Benidryl & Ear Drops (Alcohol & Vinegar)
Sun Protection & Bug Spray.
A Smile On My Face And A Promise To Myself Not To Dive [glow=red,2,300]Unless It FEELS RIGHT![/glow]
02-28-2007, 07:08 AM,
All great suggestions!

Mike
02-28-2007, 12:24 PM,

And a spare axle and some springs.......realizing there is no possible way that vehicle went anywhere of distance as it is loaded..how far did you actually test it?  a mile or two....???
02-28-2007, 12:43 PM,

And a spare axle and some springs.......realizing there is no possible way that vehicle went anywhere of distance as it is loaded..how far did you actually test it?   a mile or two....???
[/quote]

Yeah, the Durango isn't much for hauling tanks and made a scary 20ish mile drive from Fond du Lac to Plymouth with our fearless, albeit sometimes dumb, driver Todd at the wheel. ;D  We find the Excursion to fare a bit better with tanks than that useless Durango...big SUV gas mileage and a woefully inadequate ability to haul anything makes the Durango a crappy choice in my book.  For the record, Todd isn't all dumb...he recently bought a Suburban to better facilitate our diving habit.
02-28-2007, 01:22 PM,
I had to come up with some "creative" tank loading for sure.  The driving wasn't too bad but it was sure light on the front end.  The Excursion is a prime choice for transportation.  We had 4 T's of He and 4 T's of O2 along with 4 sets of doubles and 8 deco bottles, not to mention clothes, food, etc.....  I'm hoping the Suburban will come somewhere close to that.  As far as my driving goes, Chris seems pretty comfortable with me, now the rest of the white knucklers... >Big Grin  The WRX is gone now so I'm trying to take up grampa driving Matt style ;D

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   IMG_1851_1_1_1.JPG_thumb (Size: 38.01 KB / Downloads: 0)