Remember me
Lost Password Register

Two Rivers Accident????
06-11-2007, 01:51 PM,
Two Rivers Accident????
I was in mackinaw but just asked if I knew about a dive accident in Two Rivers this weekend.  Anyone care to expand?
06-11-2007, 03:47 PM,
Re: Two Rivers Accident????
Gregg-  I was teaching a trimix course for Maritime Divers and dove Manitowoc/Two Rivers all weekend. 

Sorry, I can't help you support your rumor mill. 

No accidents or incidents with my class or with the Advanced Class from Maritime Divers.  No accidents aboard the Brungraber's boat N Joy Diving.  No incidents aboard either of Randy Wallander's boats and no problems reported from any of the local divers- just called several. 

Nothing went out over the marine radio either.  Keep us all posted.  I'm concerned and I would be interested to hear what you find out.

Tami
06-11-2007, 06:45 PM,
Greg,
Dove out of TR both days this weekend. Didn't hear about anything. No problems on my boat, Randy's boat or Kim and Russ's boat. Have spoken to all the locals who were out but and so far everyone is fine and no one has heard about anything.  There was one other boat out with 2 divers yesterday and will find out if they had any problems. Maybe someone not local but didn't see anyone else out there or at the ramps. Did you hear anything more specific???
Gary
06-11-2007, 07:03 PM,
Just heard from that other boat I mentioned. No problems other than some minor queasiness. That's everyone I know for sure who was diving aound here this weekend. There was an ongoing incident out of the Sturgeon Bay Coast Guard station about an overturned boat somewhere off Door County yesterday. Diving was not involved however.Was following this on the radio and everyone was safe fortunately. Maybe someone heard this and misunderstood. Otherwise the only accident I'm aware of was me dropping my fin off the swim platform at the Simmons....duh!
Gary
06-15-2007, 07:40 AM,
Short Answer:
Someone was treated medically - yes
Diving related - NO