Remember me
Lost Password Register

rec trimix around madison
02-02-2007, 02:15 PM,
rec trimix around madison
who teaches rec trimix around madison, and are what are the different agencies doing such training.
thank you for your time and have a good day
02-03-2007, 12:36 AM,
Re: rec trimix around madison
Madison eh?  I spend some time in Wausau every summer, are there any lakes around there deep enough and clear enough to trimix dive in (besides wazee)?  It'd be nice to spend some deep diving time around there, instead of just fishing Smile
Daring to explore is great, daring not too...is unacceptable
02-03-2007, 11:09 AM,
I am looking for rec trimix to apply in Lake Michigan and on my travels.

Since I have not taken the class I can not say how much impact it will have, but from my reading it seems that it may help keep a clearer head and it seems to have some benifit on repetitive dives.
I go on vacation where you have three dives in a day, and at the end of the day I seem a little spent.

Not all the places I go seem to offer trimix, but I think eventually it will become a little more common to see.

I am not looking for a gung ho, trimix class with deco and 200 feet check out dives.

thanks
02-03-2007, 06:25 PM,
Greg Such from 2 Rivers teaches a recreational tri-mix class. Not especially near Madison, but a good instructor. He can be reached here on the board by P.M. His name is "divbum".
02-03-2007, 07:24 PM,
I would have thought that rec and trimix together would be an oxymoron.  Why dive trimix at rereational depths? 
02-04-2007, 06:58 PM,
Because at 130 ft some divers get enough of a nitrogen buzz (narcosis) to be impaired, while others just think they don't......
02-04-2007, 07:17 PM,

Your first answer is better ;D   

I prefer to have helium for anything deeper than 100ft.
02-05-2007, 12:41 PM,
thank you
02-05-2007, 06:31 PM,

Your first answer is better ;D   

I prefer to have helium for anything deeper than 100ft.
[/quote]
I didn't see that the first one "took" and was feeling a little less sarcastic the 2nd time around ;D. I'll "fix" the 2nd one...
02-06-2007, 06:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2007, 06:23 PM by arcFlash.)
So the He removes some N and clears up the head but He is so small it comes out fast. Can you get bent easier? It sounds likely if you just read the chemistry books.

I don't know, and I'm not a Trimix diver. I'm just asking if that's the trade one makes to keep a clear head.