Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cancun dive centers??
01-01-2007, 08:50 PM,
Cancun dive centers??
We are going to Cancun in March, but I don't know which dive center to go through.  Does anyone have any recommendations? Also I see some dive centers offer diving in Cozumel.  Is it worth the extra money to take a trip over to Cozumel for a day to dive, or is the diving around Cancun just as nice? One more consideration is the Cenote diving.  The dive center must offer this as it sounds too good to pass up.

Thanks for the help,
Chris
01-02-2007, 05:37 PM,
Re: Cancun dive centers??
I would do it the other way around.  Dive in Cozumel with day trips to the main land for cenotes. 

Just my opinion.

Doug
01-03-2007, 11:35 AM,
If you're interested in doing a cenote cavern tour, I had a really good experience with Diablo Divers.  It's run by a Canadian guy named Dennis and we dove with one of his friends, Ali (Alessandra, I think).  The tour was professionally run and the price we paid was the price originally quoted (which isn't the case for some other operations there).  We met them a the Ferry Pier in Playa - I'm guessing they'd do a pickup in Cancun or you could find a shuttle down there.  I know he organizes activities as well, but I don't have any experience with that.  Their site is:

01-03-2007, 07:15 PM,
I have dove the Cenote's multiple times with various dive shops down there. Maybe I've been lucky but I have had great experience's with all of them.
I would however suggest Tank- Ha out of Playa-del Carmen as they might pick you up at your hotel for Cenote diving or you meet them at their shop.
They also offer trips to Cozumel on a very fast dive boat which eliminates the hassle of using the ferry and wasting a day!
E-mail them and ask what you need they answered me very quickly!
  Good luck,
       Do Not Pass Up Cenote Diving!
01-05-2007, 08:10 AM,
Thanks for all the info, March cant come soon enough.