Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Hockey
09-09-2003, 07:14 PM,
Underwater Hockey
Last night startedanother season of Underwater Hockey for hte MAdison crowd. We had a special surprise when the Red Bull people showed up to our game for a promo. I don't know that too many drank it but it was fun for a couple of gag shots.

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   redbull_girl.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.01 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-09-2003, 07:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2003, 07:18 PM by FreediveWI.)
Re:Underwater Hockey
We play every Monday night from 8:00 until 9:00 o'clock at the McFarland high school pool. The first time is always free, but we charge $4 a person for every time after that- to cover the pool rental.

I know that we have at least one guy who comes up from Rockford every week to play. We have also had people from Milwaukee come in form time to time to play. Last year we even had a guy drive in from Iowa to play one night.

Here's a shot of Mike, our Illinois' boy. Wink

.jpg_thumb   mike_redbull.jpg_thumb (Size: 28.06 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-09-2003, 07:20 PM,
We paly deep end only if we have less than 12 people show up, like last night. If we get more than 12, we've had up to 18 in a night, we play full court.

We start out on opposite ends of the deep end. Both teams go at the same time.

Jon

.jpg_thumb   game_starts.jpg_thumb (Size: 24.44 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-09-2003, 07:22 PM,
Teams are identified by the color of their stick- white or black. Everyone usually goes in a specific order so that you are always ready to go with a fresh player when you start to run out of air.

Here's a shot of Pete stealing the puck away from Mike.

Jon

.jpg_thumb   pete_steals.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.76 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-09-2003, 07:27 PM,
We have both men and women on the teams. We also have palyers who range in age from 13 to over 60.

We try to keep the teams as balanced as possible. If one team starts to get three or four goals in a row we start switching players around until it comes out even. This ensures that everyone has a chance to play, and win! Big Grin

The main point is to get a good workout and have some fun while we're at it. We have been known to frequent a certain establishment for some liquid refreshemnt after the game- to put some of those lost calories back on. Wink

Here's a shot of Katie passing the puck.

Jon

.jpg_thumb   kate_shoots.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.74 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-09-2003, 07:31 PM,
After the swim team finshes for the season we move game time up to 7:30. We also add in every-other Wednesday night- since this has become so popular.

For more information you can check out the Four Lakes Scuba club website.

One last picture of Mike hamming it up. 8)

Jon

.jpg_thumb   mike_drinks.jpg_thumb (Size: 26.89 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-10-2003, 08:08 AM,
That looks pretty cool Smile I've always wanted to give that a try...although I am TERRIBLE at holding my breath so I dunno if I would be that good at it or not.
09-10-2003, 08:18 AM,

Jason,
We used to play on Sunday nights in Point. You will quickly find out how out of shape you are when playing underwater hockey.
09-10-2003, 08:21 AM,
Ahhh...the joys of a desk job!!

09-10-2003, 08:50 PM,
Would probably bring me to my knees. Tongue Could be fun, before passing out.

Doug