Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Rite RG2500's....
07-26-2007, 12:44 PM,
Dive Rite RG2500's....
Just got me some new RG2500's and tried them out on the Vernon this past weekend. I really liked them alot. Nice easy breathing reg at those depths - especially if you use the tuner on the side of the second stage.

The only thing disappointing on that dive was the vis and a strong surface current.  Sad
07-26-2007, 01:40 PM,
Re: Dive Rite RG2500's....
Assuming you had some helium going through them, a lot of regs breathe well at that depth Wink 

I'm glad you like your regs.  Why did you choose Dive Rite for regs?  Granted, they have excellent customer service, and they've been in business a long time, but, until recently they haven't done much in the way of regulators.

Just curious, not looking to start a crazy debate...although my Scubapro MK25/G250HP regs are pretty nice and MUST be better than those Dive Rite regs ;D
07-26-2007, 02:12 PM,
Crazy debates are always good...

Yes, I was running 20/30 on the mix (and I might add it was free Helium at that). Yes, Helium does help with some regs - and some a little too much.

There were a few basic reasons I went with the Dive Rite's. #1- the price - two of them with long hose for about $800. #2 -  the swivel turret on the 1st stage - if you mount them upside-down on your valves, you can cleanly route your hoses (much better than Apeks in my opinion). #3 I can purchase all the service kits online. That's huge since I service much of my own stuff.
07-26-2007, 02:28 PM,

If the helium was free, I'd have used more so I was sure not to be scared.
07-26-2007, 02:49 PM,
I agree - but the problem was I was filling double 130's and double 100's off of 1400 psi, and I could only do partial pressure fills (didn't have a haskel to pump). Still worth it though. Not sure what you mean by the scared comment though...

07-26-2007, 03:24 PM,

I know from personal experience on that wreck that more helium is better than less helium.  A dive in the afternoon on air topped tanks makes for a less comfortable dive, for me anyway, than the first one when I used more helium.  Hence I was probably scared on the second dive...
07-26-2007, 03:32 PM,
I can see that. Honestly, it was my first time on that wreck, and I loved every moment of it... can't wait to do a weekend of diving up there the next time I get the chance. Late September would be my next best chance, other than that, I'd have to wait until spring. So using your model I should use 100% Helium?  ;D
07-26-2007, 03:57 PM,

No, that'll kill you quick, but I think 18/82 would work ;D
07-26-2007, 05:02 PM,
Dear lord!

18/82?!

When did you get sponsored, and how can I get in on that???  Smile

That would be some fun though - that's and END of what...surface? Smile
07-26-2007, 05:45 PM,

I know from personal experience on that wreck that more helium is better than less helium.  A dive in the afternoon on air topped tanks makes for a less comfortable dive, for me anyway, than the first one when I used more helium.   Hence I was probably scared on the second dive...
[/quote]

I guess you could call us charter members of The Helium Weenies Club. ;D 

Too chicken to dive anything more than a 100ft END. ;D  I really like the 70ft END's but my wallet tends to disagree. Wink

Back on the original thread, I have not really heard anything bad about the Dive Rite Regs.  Good to hear that you like them.  Kinda funny how we used to call Scuba Pro regs "Scuba Flo's" because they used to have a tendency to free flow.  Turns out the problem isn't with the regs themselves, just how high the IP is set.  When set properly they lose that tendency.