Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee Trash or Treasure
09-28-2003, 01:03 PM,
Re:Lake Wazee Trash or Treasure
Somehow I have the feeling someone will bring another gazing ball down at some point. Wink
09-28-2003, 01:07 PM,
I hope that seeing such a sight does not cause someone to blow chunks through their regulator. :o Some divers are very sensitive to their environment.

Doug
09-28-2003, 07:06 PM,
I'll bring the JBL and 2 extra guns for those who want to help in the removal of those alien fish.. We must hurry before they propagate.
Fred

09-28-2003, 08:08 PM,
The first time I dove Wazze, many years ago, there were also still leaves on the branches of many of the trees. I say we go down there and staple new leaves back onto those branches to help return it to it's original state. Wink

Fred,
Ted and I can add another JBL , a Rob Allen Railgun, and two custom wooden guns to the cause so that we can rid the lake of all those pesty, invasive fish. ;D

Jon
09-29-2003, 10:32 AM,
Wow. Some really mean spirited responses going on. I thought most divers were friendly, perhaps not. The threats to intentionally trash trees and wildlife in retaliation are pretty immature if you ask me. I can't believe anyone would actually do something like that and when I see people making such intentional threats of vandalism, it only re-inforces in my mind that such people will absolutely trash the park if rules aren't enforced. Why would you post statements like that on the web? You would actually do something like that?

The garden globe and statues at 150ft have not been removed. They were there last weekend so someone is misinforming all of you.

When did I ever say that wildlife has to be removed? That's just silly and I'm not going to post any more after this becasue it's obvious that many out there don't respect the environment, don't want it preserved for the future and fly off the handle with silly comments that make no sense whatsoever. This "discussion" is going nowhere and is just a bunch of babbling.

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect yours. Seems to me that if someone has the right to put garbage in the lake, I should have the right to remove it. The law is on my side by the way. You can put whatever you want in the lake-that's your choice and I cannot stop you. However, I may remove something if I see it.
09-29-2003, 10:43 AM,
I do believe most of us were making lighthearted comments - don't take them so seriously! I've thought some of the comments were rather funny.

People obviously feel strongly about this on both sides - it's bound to tick a few off here and there.
09-29-2003, 10:57 AM,
john j,

"The garden globe and statues at 150ft have not been removed. They were there last weekend so someone is misinforming all of you."

That someone would be twest.

Bet that he won't be diving for a while - hard to breathe a reg when he's laughing so hard at the hilarious variety of responses his post got.
09-29-2003, 11:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2003, 01:53 PM by jasondbaker.)
Okay, let's get back on track. I think the people here have just been having a little fun -- some of it at John's expense. The people on this forum represent the greatest contributors to Wazee -- we spend more time and money there than anyone, period. I guarantee that the people on this thread are not the ones crashing into trees or putting trash into the lake.

I don't think the real debate is about which objects should stay and which should go. The debate is about WHO gets to decide. Hey, if it is the DNR, EPA, Friends of Wazee Inc. or whatever making decisions based on local laws I can live with that. But if it is a group of divers acting independently then I think we are free to question their decisions.

If the globe and statues are still there then great. We can stop spreading that rumor.
--Jason
09-29-2003, 11:12 AM,
I definitely agree with you on that Jason. I would prefer that one person didn't make decisions regarding this. I enjoy having a few statues and such to look at in the lake and would hate to see them all go....but on the other hand, if we are to follow the law then everything should be removed from the lake, gazing ball and statues included. We CAN NOT be hypocritical about something such as - no one gave anyone the power to arbitrarily decide what stays and what goes.

We could possibly go to the county and request permission to put a few tasteful items in the lake. Otherwise, I feel as if I (we) are making exceptions on the "no trash" idea just for ourselves...not a good thing.
09-29-2003, 11:41 AM,
BTW: It is NOT against the law to spearfish in Wazze, as long as its rough fish or pan fish. It IS against the law to spear bass and Walleye.

As far as stapling leaves onto branchs, my tongue was firmly planted in cheek as I wrote that. Wink

I have spent more dives than I can even count cleaning up lakes, and wrecks, in the past. Some people can take things too far and need to lighten up a little bit.

Jon