Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee Trash or Treasure
09-26-2003, 03:15 PM,
Re:Lake Wazee Trash or Treasure
Interesting idea - I've never thought of it in that light.

Of course a gazing ball @ 150 probably isn't as much of a habitat as a crib @ 15.

09-26-2003, 03:40 PM,
Uh, gee, if there aren't any artificial attractions left, guess I'll have to crash around the trees for entertainment...
09-26-2003, 04:01 PM,
I know about the removal of the artificial seeweed and have ideas as to who was involved. Let me say a big thank you to them first of all. I'm not going to mention any names, but I will say 2 things in their defense. (1) I never saw any fish swimming around that ugly piece of crap and I've racked up many hours doing deco on those fish cribs. If fish were really using it, I would have seen it at least once. (2) The day before it was removed, someone had trashed it and dropped it into the trees on the 60ft ledge breaking several trees and limbs as it crashed to the bottom. That was very sad. I personally am glad to see that eyesore gone. As far as the "homeless fish"...seems that fish were doing just fine before any of that crap was in there. When I first started diving there, there were lots of fish and that was before fish cribs or anything else. Nature doesn't rely on man for support, but rather man relies on nature for support. Trashing our environment just doesn't make sense.

Regarding people getting bored at Wazee...if that's the case, then go somewhere else or get a new hobby. No one is forcing you to dive. If diving is boring to you the solution is simple-do soemthing else. I average about 100 dives per year in Wazee, have been doing it since 1991 and I'm not bored yet.
09-26-2003, 11:39 PM,
Well that's nice JohnJ I hope your buddies are proud.
09-27-2003, 07:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2003, 05:57 AM by LKunze.)
Nah...I'm sure JohnJ removed them "ugly piece of crap eyesores" or will soon. Wink
09-27-2003, 11:44 PM,
Everyone using/diving Wazee should be required to bring a big-azz rock or two and throw it in...would take awhile, but we could get it back to its really natural state.

(jeez, stealing a few bits of hardware that many enjoyed...PADI must have a new Dive Gestapo specialty)
09-28-2003, 05:14 AM,
Seems to me that the environment most negatively affected by the removal of the knick-knacks (judging by the posts here) was the Diving Environment
Fred
09-28-2003, 07:31 AM,
Fred,

I am pretty sure that all the fish in there were not part of the "natural environment" of the strip mine when she was first dug.

Due to the preservationist mindset that some members have here, I feel that you and I should personally spear every single one of those "offensive" fish that have dared to desecrate such a pristine diving environment. Wink

Jon
09-28-2003, 07:40 AM,
My god Jon you are right. My only possible course of action in this is to help you I can clearly see. I'm all about bringing this natural lake back to it's natural pristine state.

Dibs on the walleye.
09-28-2003, 11:44 AM,
Quote:Of course a gazing ball @ 150 probably isn't as much of a habitat as a crib @ 15.
then it shouldn't bother the fish. I say put the statues back and the ball back, leave all the other "trash" out.