Pony bottle size
12-02-2006, 06:41 PM,
Re: Pony bottle size
Sling, sling, sling

Doug
12-08-2006, 05:12 AM,
Re: Pony bottle size A size chart
Not to kick a dead dog but,,,,

A chart to give you a idea on depths and tank size,read disclaimers on sac rates!yadi yadi yada!

As said large steel are the only way to go but dont toss the AL 80's yet unless you are drawn to the dark side! 
A AL 30 or 40 is a good choice as seen for a dive to 120' not for deco ,but just in case !
I shoot video so no sling for me,

Dang I got a dive this A.M. and the temp in West Palm Beach is 62  deg ! Errrrrrr well I see its 10 in Wisconsin !
Dive safe,
Brad
12-08-2006, 06:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2006, 06:16 AM by matt t..)
Re: Pony bottle size A size chart
Weather sounds great. I'm envious. Actually, aluminum 80's are used pretty frequently over on "the dark side". How does "shooting video" not allow you to carry a deco/bailout bottle under your left arm? Is that where you carry your camera?
12-08-2006, 08:34 AM,
--- I shoot video so no sling for me, ---

Not sure why you can't use a sling or stage bottle while shooting video?
I've been shooting video for roughly 15 years and gone through many gear configuration changes and never had any real problems. On video dives recently I've carried an Al 80 for 50%, an Al40 for 100% and even another Al80 of travel mix, while dragging around the camera and getting decent video. Just curious.
12-08-2006, 10:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2006, 10:49 AM by moneysavr.)
OOOps,
did not want to start something,
I found that if the pony is slung as in the way it should be IMO I was not as clean as I liked (for me)
IMO just my 3 cents,  stages hung yes

Rick my video is shot all with a home made pvc pipe case and DV recorder,Total out lay $70.00 my videos that I bring up for divers and non divers like my 2 sons ( yet) priceless

I like to clip my line on my video rig to my scooter ring ,Im sure thats not right but if I need to do something I can drop it and its out of my way and not lost

to each his own as have seen some of (Pro) video divers  and they seem to run CCR not for me (IMO) for what its worth and it aint much girls!
  By the way the A.M. dive was called too cold for the locals! 67deg!!!! oh and some big seas
Dive safe,
Brad 
a  clip shot with my sewer cam at about 135 fsw, on a overcast day on a small wreck south of Portwashington,Wisc my video style needs major work I been told!! but got tons of wrecks to shoot this next year, care to join me? my goal a new wreck a week
12-09-2006, 01:47 AM,
By the way the A.M. dive was called too cold for the locals! 67deg!!!! oh and some big seas

Big seas I can understand, but 67 deg?  Wimps!  They oughta try a 5mm in 49 degrees! ;D
DEW >&ltWink)>
12-09-2006, 08:11 AM,
I'm doing the Pearl Harbor day dive in Fish Creek tomorrow.  We might see forty. 

Jim
12-09-2006, 05:28 PM,
Basked in the warm of Lake Wazee today.  It was 41 deg F in the water and 41 deg F out of the water.  Perfect conditions.

Doug
12-09-2006, 06:26 PM,
for brain freeze!

Jim you guys dive safe!
have fun the green should be gone
and look forward to see you at xmas I will bring the rum!!!
=
Jon Paul is doing the road trip back to Florida with me as to pick up more items for the big Pirates show in Sturgeon bay in spring,I hope to show him a good time in Palm Beach prior to his decent to the Keys!
see ya in a few weeks,
Brad
oh waters 76 deg here today YUCK!
12-09-2006, 06:45 PM,
Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas Brad.  Say Hey to Jon Paul for me.  We need to get him those hoses for his Aquamaster.  I'm running a little thin these days, otherwise it wouldn't be a concern.  Jon Paul seems to be a good guy, we should take care of him.  Know what I mean? eh?

Jim