Remember me
Lost Password Register

MUD SLINGING
10-19-2006, 07:13 AM,
MUD SLINGING
Heres a thought...will this thread be deleted?  How about using this post to toss some dirt..keep in mind i dont wish to host a beat down session, but it seems like every time there is any passion in a post, it is deemed off topic and deleted...so keep it clean and costructive....and back yourself up with knowledge........anyone care to moderate it?

GO!!!
10-19-2006, 07:35 AM,
Re: MUD SLINGING
There is a difference between passion and personal attacks Dean.  Once it becomes personal or strays completely off topic is when there is a problem. When a moderator steps in and gives a fair warning to keep it on topic and under control and the offender or offenders keep it up then the plug will be pulled.
10-19-2006, 07:49 AM,
I'm not going to delete the thread - I think it's actually kind of a funny idea... not really a good one, but still funny Smile

I enjoy good debates - I was a debate geek in high school even, so I really enjoy arguing with people - constructively.  And I enjoy reading constructive debates among people with differing opinions and lots of knowledge. 

Passion and zeal in a post is definitely not trolling or off topic - I want to see that stuff out here as it makes this place more interesting.  If all we posted were dive reports and "what computer should I get" threads, there wouldn't be much entertainment on the board at all.

What is difficult is when passion and zeal turn a debate from a rational, constructive one into something else.  It is at that point where the informative discussion ends.  Several times reminders were posted to keep the discussion civil - I don't like removing posts and moderating threads, but at some point you have to.

So please - keep up the passion.  Lets discuss heated topics, but lets do it civilly.  I enjoy reading about topics where knowledgeable people give both sides of the argument and I do want to see more of it!
10-19-2006, 07:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2006, 08:08 AM by matt t..)
Dean YOU SUCK! Anyone disagree? Tongue
10-19-2006, 08:28 AM,
Lonnie,
i agree with you 99 %........but..i dont recall anyone saying, " ok guys, lay off one another and keep it on track"....however, a couple of us were told to stay with the topic.....i being the biggest offender...my posts should have been deleted..not the thread.....i realize what was going on...i think i said "duck and cover" right away..but i did not add fuel to the fire.......while there were a couple of people pushing at each other kind of hard, the topic was a very good one and needs a home if it can be revived........i certainly understand the moderators position, and fully respect the ideals of being constructive as opposed to destructive....But..we are all adults here, and are capable of weeding through some of the petty stuff to dig out some valuable info.   

10-19-2006, 08:34 AM,
Dean YOU SUCK! Anyone disagree? 

Matt,
You seriously think that just because i am a bit over weight, bald, have a bad back, two bad knees, drive a gas guzzling Ford and sold my boat that I SUCK?...unreal..where do you get off being so shallow........i remember when.............wait a minute........................................................................
I DO SUCK!!!!!!........never mind...I agree with the"jar head"
10-19-2006, 08:42 AM,
"Stay on topic" is kind of a euphemism for "quit attacking each other like rabid ferrets" in moderator speak Smile
10-19-2006, 08:46 AM,
Matt's a terd !!! And he wears an extra small catheter  Tongue
10-19-2006, 09:22 AM,
Just think how I feel.......I'd be SUPER USER if you guys didn't keep deleting all my posts!

LOL

If anyone read what I wrote, rather than between the lines, I think you will agree I tried to remain as objective as possible

Yeah, but admit it....you have an affinity for pushing gregggggggggs buttons

Keith...please do post some of the links that you shared...and start up the topic again....but maybe ina different way....
Deano
10-19-2006, 09:23 AM,
You forgot to mention your hairy back.