Remember me
Lost Password Register

"Milwaukee" Dive Report
08-14-2003, 06:02 AM,
"Milwaukee" Dive Report
We had an absolutely PERFECT night on the Milwaukee. Flat calm, warm air temperature, great vis, and there wasn't a thermocline until 110ft. It was 64 degrees on the wreck! We were actually too warm in a drysuit. It was a full boat, perhaps others will share their thoughts on this one as well.
08-14-2003, 07:36 AM,
Re:"Milwaukee" Dive Report
Speaking of drysuits, was it a little less catastrophic for you this time around?? How's the wrist treating you??
08-14-2003, 08:48 AM,
Jason,
Let me highly recommend "Drysuits Plus" for any of your leaking dry suit needs. Jeff did a great job repairing my self-inflicted leak, and was very helpful and knowledgeable about seals, suits, zippers, and any other dry suit related questions. My dive was 100% dry.
Chris
08-14-2003, 08:54 AM,
Cool - I'm glad to hear you got it fixed! I'm definitely going to keep them in mind.
08-14-2003, 02:40 PM,
Yes, definitely a great dive! First time in a long time that it was actually too warm in Lake Michigan. I got a bit wet but it wasn't because of a drysuit leak :o A bit o sweat goes a long long way when its trapped in a suit. Stupid mammalian body temperature regulation.....DOH!!! ;D
08-14-2003, 03:30 PM,
IT was just as nicehtis morning when we were out on the Lender filming- save that for another post. 8)

We had 66 degrees at 90' on the willy and the same, to 70', on the Dredge #6. I actually just freedove in a shorty on the Dredge because I was too hot in my 3mm on the Willy.

We saw aelwieves, perch and burbot, but the vis goes down a bit when the water gets this warm.

BTW: it was FLAT calm out on the lake. There wasn't even a ripple.

Jon
03-03-2004, 03:53 PM,
There was 60' of vis on the Milwaukee this past weekend. The Len-Der has another charter going out this Sunday to the Willy where the vis should be just as good, if not better. 8)

Jon
03-04-2004, 08:54 AM,
Are you going Sunday? I need a dive buddy, preferably someone /w doubles for a decent dive! Anyone wanting to buddy with me please give me a call at 920-723-3031

Paul

PS i'm in the buddy list if you have any questions about me Smile
03-04-2004, 08:58 AM,
We're trying to get enough people together to do an ice dive. We need a minimum of one more person, otherwise we've got three so far I think. Doug from the board, me, and another one of our friends (the guy who posted the story about finding the Durango in a quarry).
03-04-2004, 09:39 AM,
I'm not sure if I am going to make it to Milawaukee or not this weekend. If I do I'll be on the charter, but I'll be freediving it and not using doubles.

Jon