Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pearl Lake - Great Diving
08-08-2003, 07:18 AM,
Pearl Lake - Great Diving
Just dove Pearl Lake last night for the first time. Had a great time! I met up with Doug and the group from Divers Realm. We had pretty good visibility - considering the conditions of area lakes this time of year visibility was excellent actually. Our first dive was a little over an hour - very relaxing, meandering along staring at all of the fish. An abundance of small panfish and fry as well as a few small northern and crappy.

After the first dive, Doug and I stuck around for a night dive as well. It was fun to watch the fish life change from one dive to the next - instead of the little fish being everywhere in clouds, they were hunkered down in the weeds. You could now find bullhead rooting around in the weeds everywhere and the larger fish were coming out to feed. I even found a crayfish stuck in a brick.

It was a great night of diving and I highly, highly, highly recommend this lake to anyone looking for something new and different. I know I'm looking forward to getting back there!
08-08-2003, 08:17 AM,
Re:Pearl Lake - Great Diving
Which Pearl Lake?
08-08-2003, 08:20 AM,
The Pearl Lake near the Red Granite quarry off of Cty Hwy EE.
08-10-2003, 11:10 AM,
The best place to dive Pearl Lake is from the Pearl Lake Resort. You pay them $2 and you can back your truck to the waters edge, use their dock and most importantly use their bathroom. The lady that runs the place is very old and fun to talk to.

I have been to this lake many times and it always has good clarity and even in summer is clear enough for a good dive. Lots of fish to see and the ocassional salvage project (anchors and fishing rods).

Not a deep dive since there is no point in going below 30 feet. All mud flats down there.

Nice lake to try in the summer.

Doug
08-28-2003, 09:19 PM,
Had another great night of diving there with Doug and some others from the Divers Realm crew. Decent viz and great fish life. We had a little over an hour of bottom time - the last 20 minutes of the dive were a night dive which really brought a LOT of bullheads that were fun to watch.

Once again I had a great time there. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite lakes to dive.