Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Michigan Water Levels; The Northerner
08-07-2003, 06:15 AM,
Lake Michigan Water Levels; The Northerner
Some buddies and I were on the Northerner last night and the max depth I got to was 131'. Isn't this very low, even from last year?
I was pretty sure we marked it last fall at about 139'-140' on a depth finder. I hope I'm mistaken about that.

BTW: what a beautiful little wreck! We hit her at dusk yesterday, and the vis was good, probably about 20-25'. It's too bad divers have stripped off some of the little stuff (wheel, deadeyes, nameplates) because she's almost totally intact apart from these small items.
08-07-2003, 06:24 AM,
Re:Lake Michigan Water Levels; The Northerner
FYI
I dove the Niagra yesterday. Vis was really good, proabably near 40' with max depth of 48', but on the cold side.
08-08-2003, 12:13 PM,
Mike,
I've never been on the Niagra. Is it worth seeing, or is it something to see once just to say you've been there?

Matt
08-08-2003, 02:52 PM,
Not as good a dive as it wonce was, woth the paddle wheels still intact and almost reaching the surface, but the vis is a lot nicer than it used to be and there are usually some nice fish on it. She also has some interesting history to her and is worth at least one dive, or snorkel. Wink

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   NIAGRA_1.jpg_thumb (Size: 21.79 KB / Downloads: 0)