Remember me
Lost Password Register

UFO and F-89 from 1953 crash in Lake Superior Discovered?
09-24-2006, 02:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2006, 02:07 PM by WIdiver_Paul.)
UFO and F-89 from 1953 crash in Lake Superior Discovered?
Curious if anyone's been following (full text and more photos) about the finding of the wreckage of the F-89 that was sent out from the airbase near the Soo Locks in the UP toward the Keweenaw and Whitefish Bay (in Canadian waters near the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald roughly) to intercept an "Unidentified Object".

The freaky thing that makes this a blockbuster story if you can beleive any of it is that 200 feet from the wreck is an 8' x 15' "Mystery Object" roughly oblong in shape, metallic but not detectible with a magnetometer (no Iron content).

I've been hearing the story on Coast to Coast AM but haven't heard if the mainstream media is giving this one any credibility. Has anyone heard of this "Great Lakes Diving Company"? I heard some guy give an interview that was purported to be the head of the expedition and he sounded like he knew somewhat what he was talking about, but then again he said the equipment malfunctioned every time it got near this purported mystery object.

for this company, they look like they at least are familiar with Great Lakes Diving (mention of a Gunilda project), hard to tell if they're for real....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   hi-resobject1.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.98 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-27-2006, 05:15 AM,
Re: UFO and F-89 from 1953 crash in Lake Superior Discovered?
I cant tell  - is that a UFO or a bullet hole fired from the gun in the grassy knoll? (Oops, sorry, wrong conspiracy  >Big Grin)
09-27-2006, 06:34 AM,
If it is legit, do you really want to find it???

Jim
09-30-2006, 06:00 PM,
I'm going to go with the whole thing looks bogus.  Nothing comes up at and the domain registration is fishy looking.  They also don't give very scientific information about the site, including how deep it is, and the sonar picture looks bogus.
The only good diver is a wet diver.
10-01-2006, 06:26 PM,
You're right, their server looks down (traffic?) and I kept looking for depth info which you'd think would be the first thing a diver would mention in any article or interview. Then again, as secretive as divers are about locations of sites, it wouldn't surprise me to see that omitted intentionally.

It definitely sounds like a fish tale in many respects, including the fact that the interview was done and presented by some kooky lady who does nothing but UFO stories. This is coming from the UFO, not the diving or archeology community, but the same community that hosts Star Trek conventions.
10-02-2006, 04:37 AM,
The thing may be bogus but the salvage Co. has and still dose pull vintage war birds from the Great Lakes and restores them for museums and such,  I am sure its done for investors as they were after a plane and more PR means more cash!
My 2 cents,
Brad 
10-03-2006, 05:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2006, 05:16 PM by divingdeputy.)
If i recall K.I. Sawyer air force base in the UP once had f89s. there is one crashed in the area of Marquette. Its is a popular dive site. Besides that the item imaged on sonar could be anything, maybe a fuel cell, or insulation from the plane. But i really believe it is a part of the plane. One Question remains in my mind, if this is some big diving operation why haven't  they dived the site and found out what it is. the season is not that late for one dive and any real dive company would laugh at a 250 foot dive. Plain and simple its a plane and pieces of a plane. Anything else is just a camp fire story.
10-06-2006, 11:19 AM,
Did you notice that your server had problems right after I posted my theory about the UFO and F-89??? Maybe my theory was right and SOMEONE OR SOMETHING did not want the truth to be heard.  Coincidence or conspiracy.... I'll let you decide  :o
10-06-2006, 11:34 AM,
There is no conspiracy.

There is no such thing as aliens or UFO's. Only people with overactive imaginations.

Whatever is in the bottom of Lake Superior is not one of our space ships. It is a crop circle.

There is no need to wrap your head in aluminum foil - our mind control devices are currently broken.

We come in peace.
We come in peace.
10-06-2006, 06:38 PM,
I just knew it!!!