Remember me
Lost Password Register

Sturgon Bay Dredging
09-23-2006, 08:36 AM,
Sturgon Bay Dredging
I just heard from another member from this list that the dredging project in Sturgon Bay hit a sewer line. 

Aw CRAP! ;D

Anyone have more details on the mess?
DEW >&ltWink)>
09-23-2006, 12:46 PM,
Re: Sturgeon Bay Dredging
In the Door County Advocate
paper several weeks back M&P hit the sewer shooting from the south side of the bay for the new bridge,they had divers down to do the repairs and as of last week all was repaired now its the blame game as the line was not to depth it was reported,as of this week all they need to do is drop some pea gravel over the lines that were exposed and repaired.
The Poo-Poo was blasted into the bay with the major winds we had after that as I could see the white caps on the bay with the south winds blowing the lake water in!   
  Oh by the way the New coast Guards "Biggest" Ice breaker /  buoy tender the New  Mackinaw is all most done,had a few cool ones with the crew staying at a local resort as repairs across the bay were done,her home port will be Sheboygan this summer and if you drop a crew members name you can get the full tour!
Dive safe,
Brad
09-23-2006, 09:20 PM,
Re: Sturgon Bay Dredging
Sounds like Bullhead Point is not diveable for a while.  Tongue  The two times I dove there this year, there was a westward current.
DEW >&ltWink)>
09-24-2006, 08:00 AM,
Re: Sturgeon Bay Dredging
As said I am sure the  spill is blown out as time has gone by,
  The vis cant be great any time unless winds blow Lake water in and then you can see the change,
Was down at the Point Friday night and well looked as it always dose,,
Dive safe,
Brad