Remember me
Lost Password Register

Menomonee Park Dive Quarry
09-10-2007, 04:16 PM,
Menomonee Park Dive Quarry
Has anyone dove in the quarry at Menomonee Falls? If you did,please tell alittle about it, I just heard about the dive site.
09-10-2007, 04:24 PM,
Re: Menomonee Park Dive Quarry
09-10-2007, 04:56 PM,
well how best to describe it? like goose poo? like less than a foot vis? like weeds? like water that will smell up you gear for weeks? than you'll love this place.

really the only good thing about the place is the treasure hunt put on by underwater connection every year, besides that skip it.

the treasure is a good time if thats why you are asking about the site.
09-11-2007, 09:44 AM,
Thanks for the info, I think that we will pass this one up. We were told about it from a nondiver. We have better places to go! We are leaving for Montserrat and Statia on Friday--clear, warm water!!!!!
09-11-2007, 12:55 PM,
ya there are some great rumors from non divers about this pond. think i've heard some good one.

its 200 feet + deep
there's a crane at the bottom
there's a train at the bottom
there's several cars at the bottom

i tell them if they want to know the truth go through a dive class and dive it.
09-11-2007, 03:43 PM,
Oh C'mon....it cant be that bad....i dont think i have ever seen it worse than 3ft of viz.  what better training sight for low viz diving.....

I have never seen the locomotive, nor have i seen the crane.....but..I did have the great pleasure of finding the aircraft carrier..once..of course the quarry is so ungodly deep that i have not been able to find it again.  Tongue
09-13-2007, 09:16 AM,
There are a few ore cars scattered throughout the bottom. There's also some track that runs from the stone cursher down into the mud. There's a collapsed mining shack in one section and it was always a good place to look for lost "treasures" after a busy weekend over in the swimming area.

I haven't dove it in a few years but I have seen 30'+ vis in the spring, better under the ice, and less than 2' in August. Now it seems the place is full of invasives so I can't attest to current conditions.

The coolest thing I ever saw in it was this giant goldfish that lived in one end. We saw it every summer for a few years in a row- the thing got huge.

Jon
09-13-2007, 03:41 PM,
The coolest thing I ever saw there was Elvis. And Jimmy Hoffa.  >Big Grin

Nah seriously, the uniformly brown colored weeds were pretty cool.  :Smile
09-13-2007, 05:48 PM,
The coolest thing I ever saw there was... Wait a minute.  I never dived there.  Never mind.
09-13-2007, 07:47 PM,
The coolest thing I ever saw there was me...there used to be a mirror. Tongue