Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ore B Gone
08-31-2006, 01:52 PM,
Ore B Gone
Where is Lake Ore b Gone ? What is there to see?
What kind of dive is it? Just curious because I saw the pictures in the gallery and it looked very interesting.
08-31-2006, 05:21 PM,
Re: Ore B Gone
Nate, Lake Ore-Be-Gone is in Gilbert, MN  -- a little over 3 hours north of Minneapolis.  It is an old mine just like Wazee.  The lake has two dive access points including a nice public beach. The city and a local diveshop have been putting interesting stuff in the lake for divers over the past couple years -- planes, railroad cars, bus, boats, helicopter, etc.  You can find a nice campground overlooking the lake. 

We have also been diving two other lakes about 10 miles from OreBeGone -- Lake Mine and St. James -- over the past couple years.  These lakes -- especially St. James -- have featured really good visibility -- 30-40ft+ is not uncommon.  I think these may be the best inland lakes for diving in Minnesota right now.  You will find a bunch of info on these lakes at mnscuba.com. 
--Jason
09-13-2006, 08:24 AM,
Thanks for the info Jason. Maybe a camping trip for next summer. 
09-24-2006, 07:28 PM,
Jason gives a good description of Lake Ore-be-Gone. NIce place to dive and a nice area to visit.  If you are into 4WD or ATV, the Minnesota Iron Range OHV Park is in Gilbert also.  Diving in the morning, 4-wheeling in the afternoon.

Here are some pictures.  A veiw of the lake from the campground.  A view of the campground and some underwater stuff.

Fun trip, hope you enjoy.

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Camp - 1 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.24 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Lake Ore-Be-Gon - 9 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.74 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-24-2006, 07:30 PM,
The other pictures

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Old Diver - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.33 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Pumpkinseed - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 42.1 KB / Downloads: 0)