Remember me
Lost Password Register

harrington beach state park
08-30-2006, 06:55 AM,
harrington beach state park
ah well, we took a chance on this last night trying to get out by the small point, but the winds were coming out of the ene, and the waves were pushing us around pretty good and bouncing us around the rocks a bit too much, and accordingly the vis was about zero.  so, discretion being the better part of valor, we called it, and survive to dive another day...  water temp was mighty comfortable anyway, and i found a nice piece of coal.  think its coal...
Dave Job, Port Washington WI
08-30-2006, 10:24 AM,
Re: harrington beach state park
You made the right call.  The Lake has been kicking all week.  Look for a day with west winds or light and variable and that will be a good shore dive.  Well, except for the long haul with the gear.

Jim
08-30-2006, 06:35 PM,
Its coal,
Lost over the sides as they unloaded it to fuel the boilers that ran the quarry equipment pumps,conveyors and crusher.
Dang the lake was up last night glad your ok.
Brad
09-13-2006, 09:40 AM,
I dove there many years ago with a friend of mine.  We found some cribs extending off the point.
Also last month I over flew the ulao area in a small plane on a flat calm sunny day and saw no evidence of the old pier.
09-13-2006, 05:03 PM,
Its there and I can give you the GPS on the east end it runs out a few hundred feet off the point into the lake  and on the north side its about 15' deep to the sand, its is just the cribs and base & timbers but she is all there and in good shape,hard to miss top side,
  Should of seen it.
Brad
09-13-2006, 08:01 PM,
fred  and i might try it again tomorrow if the weather permits.  haven't looked at the forecast yet so can't say for sure.  probably just try off of highway D and save ourselves a little bit of walking.
Dave Job, Port Washington WI
09-14-2006, 05:03 AM,
You guys save the trip, the rain has made most near shore stuff YUCK! And a look fromthe bluff the other sites may be down near zero!