Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cuyana mines?
08-25-2006, 11:12 AM,
Cuyana mines?
Has anyone ever heard of or dove the cuyana mines in MN.?
08-25-2006, 05:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-25-2006, 05:11 PM by LKunze.)
Re: Cuyana mines?
Yep, we dive them quite frequently.  They are the same distance away from the twin cities as Wazee is for us.  They are similar to Wazee but most of them have a dark layer in the water column between 100 - 130 feet kind of eliminating any real deep diving like you can do at Wazee.  The area is not a controlled park environment like Wazee.  The DNR owns some of the land but most of the area is kind of a free for all.  It's very rustic with pretty rough roads.  Each mine pit lake is unique and has different features.  Some have drift mines in them that are kind of neat to shine your light in.  We don't go in them as they probably are not stable.  They have walls, submerged forests, some have cars and trucks in them that were likely stolen and ditched.  The best thing about it is that it is free to dive and camp there.  Many of us tend to refer to the Cuyuna Mines as "Crosby" since it is located near the town of Crosby, MN.  For more info check out   Also check out
08-28-2006, 10:52 AM,
Thanks alot for the tip. I am always looking for something new.
08-28-2006, 02:15 PM,
Hi- if you e-mail me at home I can send you a great map of the area.
We were there just last weekend

gail
08-29-2006, 08:29 AM,
Thanks Gail