Remember me
Lost Password Register

DiveRite replaces my Nitek Duo, life is good.
06-25-2007, 08:55 PM,
DiveRite replaces my Nitek Duo, life is good.
I bought this Nitek Duo second hand, and it had been doing great for a while, and I was very happy using it.  But on a surface interval the display started to go, had to hold it at a sharp angle to even see anything.  I had the luxury of another computer, so I took the nitek along on the next dive, and in the middle it went into surface mode, and a few hours later it went dead altogether (if anyone wants all the gory details please PM me).
So I contacted DiveRite and got a rma number, and sent the beast in, and they replaced it free of charge.  Even had quick turnaround time.  So, a happy experience with a manufacturer!
Dave Job, Port Washington WI
06-26-2007, 05:36 PM,
Re: DiveRite replaces my Nitek Duo, life is good.
Nice to hear good news for a change. I've always heard that Dive Rite has good customer service. I am waiting to hear from Scubapro about my Uwatec computer. Wish me luck! ;D
06-26-2007, 05:59 PM,
Re: DiveRite replaces my Nitek Duo, life is good.
Ya, I sent at Dive Rite tank checker back this year because it was way off. If was a few years old. They exchanged it for half the cost of new.  I was happy...

But I've had pretty good luck with most dive manufactures O"Neil replace a dry suit I purchased as a "Blem" that was 4 years old with a brand new suit about 13 years ago. I never even spoke to anyone, just sent it in with a letter and two weeks later I had a new dry suit at my door. Underwater Kinetics has replaced stuff for me before too.