Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cayman Islands
07-25-2003, 07:07 AM,
Re:Cayman Islands
Day 5 found us with a change in the weather. Rain and some thunderstorms with overcast skies. This does not stop the diving! Big Grin

Went to the West Wall again and did some unusual sites. Sentry Rock and Caribbean Sand Chute. Sentry Rock provided more turtle action and the reef around the sand chute was just fantastic. These spots do not get divers very often so the wild life was great. I think that swimming in the middle of thousands of silversides in Orange Canyon (swam from Sentry Rock to Orange Canyon) was the best part.

Night dive on the Oro Verde. Saw Spotted and Snowflake Eels. Also, played with an octopus. This was a great dive. Again, a lot of wildlife was out.

Picture of the day. If I saw this guy in Lake Wazee I would pee my dry suit.

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Oro_Verde_Spotted_Moray_Eel_-_100_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-26-2003, 10:04 PM,
Day 6 finds us back on the North Bay, diving the wall. Great visibility and super coral reefs. The north side has the best dive sites, even if the waves are bigger. Really impressed with the diving here.

Some amazing eagle ray sitings and swimming with the green sea turtle is great. Just looking over the edge into the abyss is even great.
The picture of the day was of a fish watching the divers go buy.

This is the last dive of the trip. Back to the cold water. I believe that my next dive is in Munising. Lake Superior is warm this time of year, right?

Doug

.jpg_thumb   3Bs_Barracuda_-_100_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 42.28 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-29-2003, 05:20 PM,
Survived the trip back. Great diving in the Grand Caymans, would recommend it to anyone. Summer weather was not that bad and the fish life was great. Will be posign my dive log at the usual place.

Back to the fresh water diving for me.

Doug
07-29-2003, 07:42 PM,
Great pictures Doug...I really like the one from Day 6, that's a really, really good one Smile

Glad you made it back...ready to hit up the ice cold waters of Wazee this weekend?? Or you off on a shipwreck trip?
07-29-2003, 09:40 PM,
Plans are to dive Munising with Josh and Megan. Not sure if Megan will get into the water, but still looking at a fun time diving. This is our annual wreck run in Lake Superior.

Should be a good time.

Doug
08-27-2003, 05:47 PM,
Here is a nice coral picture from the Caymans trip. Finally getting all of the pictures put together for a CD. Great trip with great pictures. Looking forward to some of that caribbean time.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Caribbean_Sand_Chute_Coral_-_112_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 44.94 KB / Downloads: 0)