Remember me
Lost Password Register

Rock Lake diving
12-28-2006, 06:47 AM,
Re: Rock Lake diving
Lake Mills to Black River Falls will run between 2 and 2 and half hours.
12-29-2006, 10:07 PM,
Ok, then when do you all expect the lakes to start their algea blooms?
12-30-2006, 01:32 AM,
Mid to late June they start to bloom and get bad by mid july.  The impact of the algea on teh lake varies with the lake and the weather.

Doug
12-31-2006, 05:47 AM,
Good morning Mike,  After you sernt the map I went to confirm the GPS #'s. Some of them were way off, others showed some promise. I could not find the Turtle or the headless man. You asked about a lot of boats in one area, this is called the " Margarita Bar". It is only about 6' deep. We found alot of anchors and other misc. junk over there. I am waiting for my lower unit to be repaired, and if the weather holds I should be able to launch my boat some where.
                            Randy
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DIVE!
01-01-2007, 08:16 PM,
Great! I was extrapolating off a sat picture so it was a little hit and miss. Let me know ehn you can get back in the water with the boat and we can plan some diving.

Mike
01-07-2007, 06:21 AM,
No problem. We dove lake ripley here in Cambridge on New Years day,for a lake that is pea green in the summer months the viz was pretty decent. Not much to look at tho. We are going to try again this morning, a friend of mine just got a dry suit and wants to try it out.The down side is he does not have a lot of room for thermals.( vulcanized rubber) He is going to get a wee bit cold!
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DIVE!
01-07-2007, 01:15 PM,
Excellent! I picked up a Canon 20D, Ikelite housing and flash as wellas a housing for my video camera so I am ready to document anything we find.

How does April sound? I'll check when I can get a few days off. I figure 1 to drive up (unless Airtran will carry doubles for a fee) 2 to dive and 1 to drive back. ANy pre-screening of sites (or finding of new ones) would be great to minimize the hunting aspect. I have pitched an article about the trip to a magazine, waiting to hear back from them.

Mike
01-08-2007, 09:20 AM,
I have blocked off April 5-9 for this trip. I plan on driving up on the 5th, then diving 6,7,8 and driving back on the 9th...does that work for you?
If not give an some dates to work with, I am pretty flexable.

Mike
01-10-2007, 08:49 AM,
If I drive up and back it will add two days to the trip, but if I bring my doubles with me on an airline it will cost $130.00 each way extra. Is there a shop in the area I can rent doubles from?

Mike
01-10-2007, 12:06 PM,
Possibly "Deep Blue" in Milwaukee. They are the closest thing to a "tech" shop we have in Milwaukee. I would call first. There is a shop in Madison that may/may not have doubles to rent. With the depths you will be diving in Rock Lake you won't need doubles.