Remember me
Lost Password Register

Rock Lake diving
07-29-2006, 03:15 PM,
Re: Rock Lake diving
I have the book. Like you said, I want to see it myself...

Mike
07-31-2006, 05:17 AM,
I would be intersted in diving it if anyone organizes a dive there. I can fit 2 divers on my boat besides myself. Would be nice to have some GPS coordinates of the mounds, otherwise we may be searching endlessly with fish finders.
07-31-2006, 06:48 AM,
I have a detailed hi-res sat photo which I coordinate with Google maps to get Lat and Long. for features such as the delta mound and some of the larger pits. By coordinating with other resources it shouldn't be to difficult to get within a few dozen yards. A box search should do the rest.

Mike
08-01-2006, 06:55 AM,
I'm working my way through the books also, and its pretty interesting stuff.  I'd be interested in joining any dive out there.  No boat  :'(, but I'd love to participate in this.
The books (a couple by Frank Joseph and one other one, more recent publication, are really interesting even though some of the speculation about ties of the copper miners to atlantis seem to be quite a stretch.  Other people i've talked to range in opinions that the structures are nothing more than random pils of rock to a conviction that they really were constructed by people.
Dave Job, Port Washington WI
08-01-2006, 08:22 AM,
The two "avatar" piles (the turtle and the headless man) and the "dragon" or "snake" don't look like natural piles. There are also rumors that the pyramid (actually more of a long house shape) has in some spots a covering of white plaster, although I haven't seen any pictures or analysis of it.

If no other other reason than to shutup the RLRS the dive is worthwhile...

Mike
08-01-2006, 11:28 AM,
I would definately be interested in seeing them. What month are you thinking of diving?
08-01-2006, 09:50 PM,
As soon as the algae dies back.

Mike
08-02-2006, 03:32 AM,
It is not hard to put together a dive to Rock Lake. I am out there very often,the viz varies from day to day.Smooth fin ,no boat --no worries. Mud diver,we need to talk,soon. The problem on Rock is that you need a boat sitter. You can't dive from an un-manned boat. I can carry 4 divers/ 2 tanks on board and if neccessary an xtra boat sitter fer M-D. There is a beach not far from where the ( do I dare say it) Pyramids are on the south end ,we could leave gear in a vehichle there.
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DIVE!
08-02-2006, 05:23 AM,
No problem on the boat sitter. I can carry me, 2 divers plus my wife (boat sitter)
08-02-2006, 05:17 PM,
If you're going some weekend in Sept or Oct my hubby and I would be interested in going.  We were trying to figure out last year if the pyramids were close enough to shore to shore dive to them, we have no boat (well, a canoe, we could dive out of that, but getting back in would be impossible hehe).
The only good diver is a wet diver.