Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pewaukee Lake
07-26-2006, 11:35 AM,
Pewaukee Lake
Has anyone done any shore dives in Pewaukee Lake?
Dave Job, Port Washington WI
07-31-2006, 07:59 AM,
Re: Pewaukee Lake
I have not personally dive the lake yet.  However, word is that due to the Zebra mussels, the lake is really clear.  I ALSO heard that the lake was closed a couple weeks ago due to some bacteria.  If anybody knows anything more about this let us all know as I would like to dive this lake also.
07-31-2006, 05:20 PM,
CRAZY boat traffic out there in summer. I'd stick to early spring and late fall...
08-01-2006, 05:13 AM,
I boat there several times a year. Water is usually pretty nice and clear. BUT... you may have trouble doing a shore dive. The only places I know of that are public access is 1. The boat launch on the west end - don't even think of diving by it, you will get run over. 2. The beach on the east end of the lake - good place to put in but probably terrible diving. We avoid the whole eastern 1/4 of the lake. It is relatively shallow and absolutely choked with weeds. They tangle the boat prop something fierce, and would probably tangle you also. If you know of a different place to put in on the western 1/2 of the lake - go for it. But beware of boats. I personally would not dive that lake except off of a boat who can follow and guard your dive float.
08-05-2006, 08:42 PM,
Did a salvage job off the west end quite a few years ago and had NO vis- long before zebra mussles. I have had much better dives under the ice in the winter. There is always a nice "heave" in the lake so many times you don't even need to cut a hole becasue one has been provided.

The one really cool thing about ice diving that lake is the extreme amount of iceboat traffic it gets- which makes some awesome sounds underwater whent ehy go screaching by! 8)

Jon