Remember me
Lost Password Register

Red Granite on Fri 7/28
07-24-2006, 11:49 PM,
Red Granite on Fri 7/28
A few of us are going to spend the day at Red Granite on this Friday July 28.  We are hoping to be up there by 8 or 9 and spend at least until 12 or 1.  If work schedules can be juggled we'll be there until 2 or 3.

All are welcome.  Varied skill levels will be represented nicely so don't be shy no matter where you sit.  Some folks are coming who are right out of their OW class and I'd like some folks with whom to practice S drills and such.  Come one, come all.

I'm hoping to do some freediving if I can find a buddy... hint, hint

If anyone would like to come but doesn't have all of the gear that they need, PM/email me and I'll help if I can.

Tol
07-25-2006, 04:03 AM,
Re: Red Granite on Fri 7/28
With the heat we've been having it might be a bit crowded.  Last weekend a buddy of mine went there to check out the vis and said there were about 200 people there. (his estimation)  Might not be as bad since it is Friday but he said the vis was not good at all.  Might not be bad in the east end to about 35 feet but make sure you have lights, anything deeper is going to be really thick.
07-25-2006, 11:04 AM,
Hey Tol, remember.... freediving first... then scuba.. in that order.  have to watch out for dcs.
Fred
07-25-2006, 11:52 PM,
Phew, 200 people... thanks for the tip.  Guess I'll have to trap a bunch of coons and cut them loose into the crowd to clear a path.  Wink  I'll hope for the best on vis.  The one time I was up there it cleared up a bunch below 70 or so.  I wonder if that was the case for your buddy.

Thanks for the reminder on freediving and scuba with respect to DCS.  It is my secret hope not to scuba at all.  I'm hoping someone will come out of the woodwork and I can freedive all day long.

We are leaving after a third shifter arrives so should be there by about 9.  We are planning to stay until around 1.

T Smile
07-26-2006, 06:30 AM,
Please post the vis friday afternoon.  I may be diving there Sunday or Monday. Thanks
07-26-2006, 07:39 AM,
You got it Greg Smile
07-31-2006, 06:59 AM,
Sorry for the delay, ended up nowhere near a computer. 

The vis was crummy.  2-6', opening up to 8-10' below 60'. 
T