Remember me
Lost Password Register

Deep diving other than the 'Lakes'
04-21-2007, 10:04 PM,
Deep diving other than the 'Lakes'
For some good deep and challenging dives outside of the Great Lakes,,,were in Wisconsin would one want to try?
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
04-21-2007, 10:43 PM,
Re: Deep diving other than the 'Lakes'
Lake Wazee in Black River Falls is your best bet.
04-22-2007, 05:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2007, 05:46 AM by texdiveguy.)

What type conditions will I find,,,,best for shore/boat diving and is there gas/mix filling avlb. near the lake?

PS---will do a bit of searching/internet....but your persl. input is valued!! Smile
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
04-22-2007, 06:14 AM,
There are a few different areas to dive at Wazee. Non motorized boats are allowed, but I've never seen any one diving from a canoe or row boat, so I would say it's shore diving. Cold water, with decent enough visibility, though the visibility has been declining in the past years. There are standing trees on the slopes and a year or 2 back they sunk a big old cabin cruiser in shallow water. I would consider Wazee to be mostly wall diving, and you can get as deep at 350 in some spots. Wazee Sports is a few miles outside the gate. Tri-mix is available there.
04-22-2007, 05:03 PM,
Lake Wazee

and

04-22-2007, 06:22 PM,
Easy access to depth via shore diving.  You can hit 180 within several minutes of submerging from the shore.  There are multiple spots that you can dive into the place from - there is plenty of parking and the place is geared towards divers.  No motorized boats, a few gearing up tables, etc.

Gas is available @ Wazee Sports - not sure on his prices though.
04-22-2007, 06:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2007, 06:25 PM by texdiveguy.)
Thanks Swimjim and matt t. & Omicron for your information and links...that is great....not to far from a family summer cabin we have in WI.. Wall dives are always cool....and glad to hear mix is available near by.  ;D