Remember me
Lost Password Register

Tanya's new record
07-22-2003, 09:23 AM,
Tanya's new record
Tanya streeter set yet another world record. This time it was in variable ballast, ride a sled down and swim up, to the depth of 400'. Not only has she broken the women's record, but she also has beaten the men's record in this same area.
Unlike Aurdey, she had many safety divers up and down the line. She also made sure that they were on trimix, and not diving air to 300', so that they could actually help her if there was a problem.

Here is a snipet off of the BBC site.

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gif_thumb   _39307045_freediver7_inf416.gif_thumb (Size: 24.33 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-22-2003, 10:22 AM,
Re:Tanya's new record
There was actually a small tidbit and a picture about this in today's Milwaukee Journal.
07-22-2003, 12:59 PM,
Very cool. I was just reading a good article on the dive made to 500ft by...shoot...forgot her name. anyway, she rode the sled down and a balloon back up. It was pretty interesting.
07-22-2003, 04:40 PM,
IF your talking about the girl who wnet to 500'+ and LIVED, then your Talking aobut Tanya streeter- the same girl who broke this record yesterday. IF your talking about the girl who died, then your talking about Audry Mestere- never trust a safety diver who dives deep air.

Jon
07-23-2003, 05:17 AM,
I'm talking about the one that went to 500' and lived. I found the article again:

Scroll down a little bit and start on the bold paragraph...and yep, it says Tanya right at the start.
07-23-2003, 09:48 AM,
I hadn't read that account of the dive before.
I read that on this dive the bottom divers, on inspiration rebreathers, would sing "Croccadile Rock" to her when she hit the bottom of the rope. Big Grin

I can tell you that the Diverite regualtor in the story is a good regualtor that is a lot cheaper than some of the other regs out there and does a great job for tec diving. Lamar Hires. president of Diverite, came up with the idea of an affordable regualotr since tec divers normally need at least 5 to do their dives- 2 back gas, 2 deco bottels and 1 argon bottle.

Jon
07-23-2003, 10:25 AM,
It was an interesting read when I was bored at work yesterday. It's kind of cool to hear firsthand accounts of some of the neat stuff going on out there.

I don't know if I like her music choices a whole lot though Wink
07-23-2003, 10:44 AM,
I don't know if I like her music choices a whole lot though Wink

I agree with you on that one! ;D

Maybe when your that narked, at 400', anything sounds good. Wink

Jon
07-23-2003, 11:01 AM,
RE: Narced

Hehe..yeah, that's gotta be the reason!