Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Store Info
07-20-2006, 12:32 PM,
Dive Store Info
Hello,

I just returned to WI for the summer. Does anyone have any info on the dive shop in Thiensville, Dive USA. I used to do business there but it appears that the store has been sold recently and the new owner is a real wack job. Any info on other nearby locations would be helpful for getting my gear serviced. I don't know if this is the right board for the question or not but it seemed the Milwaukee scuba info website is pretty much dead! thanks, Mark
07-20-2006, 03:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2006, 03:13 PM by moneysavr.)
Re: Dive Store Info
Did you talk to Steve,He seems to be on the up and up and is stocking the store with merchandise just got back with some tank straps for my plate and he had them in stock!

The store is 100% changed since the other owner   sold out and seems for the good,as there were some major issues
  Milwaukee has many stores see the yellow pages,like  Deep Blue, Underwater Connection,,,,,
    But I think you would like his approach and he gave me a great deal too,and he fills my HP big CuFt  tanks for reg price as some shops try to nail you more,
My 2 cents
Brad 
07-20-2006, 03:20 PM,
I stopped in there a while back and the new owner didn't seem to be a "wack job". The store is definitely a"recreational" store with limited resources. I don't know if they're filling nitrox or not. Best to call first. I'm sure he'll appreciate you're business. Wink
07-20-2006, 04:20 PM,
???Strange, I found the guy to be pretty weird and wouldn't quite trust him with my gear. It really is a shame as I liked the old shop and owners and it's the closest to me but I don't think I'll be going back in now. Looks like Deep Blue and Underwater Connection are about the same distance for me. Anyways thanks for the info guys. 
Mark
07-20-2006, 04:58 PM,
How about Dive USA in Mequon?  Never been there, but google maps had it listed.

Dive USA
(262) 242-3483
11253 N Wauwatosa Rd
Mequon, WI 53097
The only good diver is a wet diver.
07-20-2006, 05:56 PM,
Dive USA is now Sea N Sand formerly, Dive USA .
  Steve Sand the new owner  dose fill Nitrox as I am getting a can of deco gas filled  tomorrow, and dose have more than just Rec equipment, I did see back plates,Spring straps,wings, and more is coming in daily, as he is filling the needs and did say something of going one more step in  mix gasses in the future,
He seems on the up,so give him a chance or as said other shops out there too!
  One thing I got to say is he dose go out of the way to help you twice he has had hard to find bulbs for my dive lights both times he checked the units out and did the bulb replacement N/C  for the service and has matched prices on item I felt was less at  another shop, 
  So Dive safe,
Brad
07-20-2006, 06:27 PM,
Sounds like he must have gotten more gear in since I was there a few months ago. I wish him good luck on the store.
07-21-2006, 05:16 AM,
I checked him out a couple months ago. Real nice guy. He was the only one who had tank-mounted weight pockets in stock. Small store, but seemed to have a decent variety.