Remember me
Lost Password Register

Niagara TR dive video & fish ID test
07-17-2006, 07:01 PM,
Niagara TR dive video & fish ID test
Port Washington TR-Video & Fish ID Quiz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,
Its been some time since I posted some local dive video so this is Sundays Trip Report,
Niagara
built 1846
sank / burned 9-24-1856
Steam Side Wheel paddle
lives lost 60
225' long
dive depth apro 55'FSW
Has WHS Mooring

Hit the water Sunday late in the day,winds SW turning major south as we got to the mooring,did the dive with a dive pal and his friend as he needed to work on some skills for his -TRI MIX- so they both got a fun tour and worked skills as this is a easy dive and no need for mixed gases!
And this just shows you a Technical diver can dive with Recreational diver and not kill one or the other!

I ran the wreck site and shot some quick video as we had a mild current from the south we decided not to run out to the boilers this trip,
Vis was 30'-40' and came and went some times it was gin clear as you will see! Water temp 48 Deg fun dive as I spent around a half hour then decided to head top side as some boat was was buzzing my boat, as the guys ran valve and skill drills,

Great day,Great dive and wow a Great way too cool down!
Click to see video and fish ID test

near the end of the video id the two fish, perch? Walleye?

silver fish-no its no trout,no wiskers,and is not from salt water!!
first poster that gets it gets a local dive off my boat  were I am diving that weekend,
Dive safe!
Brad   

;D
07-17-2006, 07:25 PM,
Re: Niagara TR dive video & fish ID test
The whitefish and the burbot?  Anyways, try and slow down a little.
07-17-2006, 08:44 PM,
nope one before-Perch or Walleye
I think you can pause it.
Brad
07-20-2006, 11:00 PM,
It's a perch.  Perch have darker vertical bars.  Walleye have a white tip on on the bottom of the tail and do not have stripes/bars.  (And furthermore, sauger look nearly identical to a walleye, but no white tip.)

See:

Chad
07-23-2006, 05:48 PM,
Perch is it,
Other fish?
Brad
07-23-2006, 07:44 PM,
I think it may be a Yellow Perch that something bigger tried to eat.    The dorsal fin looks all messed up.    The dorsal fin is a good way to tell the difference between a Walleye and a Sauger.  The Walleye's is solid and the Sauger has a split dorsal.