Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Michigan Charters?
07-11-2006, 07:49 PM,
Lake Michigan Charters?
Who runs them (directly I mean)?

I am only aware of two so far:

Any others? I'm looking for 1 or 2 days of diving just about anywhere Aug 5th & 6th.
Ideally I would do the padi wreck speciality over both days, but even just the dives would be great also.

Sites 100' or less - just air.
07-11-2006, 08:04 PM,
Re: Lake Michigan Charters?
Here's another one out of Racine you could try.  I haven't been on this one but I know the captain's son Eric. 
I've been on the Lender myself and that was good.  Jerry is a great guy and he treated us excellent.  His boat is REAL SLOW though. 
I've also heard great things about Shipwreck Adventures.  Probably can't go wrong with any of them.
07-12-2006, 05:00 AM,
You can also try the Nordic Diver. Capt Bill Prince. He dock's at Jerry's Dock.

Whatever you decide, you should not wait until the last minute. The charters often fill up pretty quickly.
07-12-2006, 08:49 AM,
contact mike at underwater connection..they run with nordic diver..and have prebooked charters...he may have some room.....they have pretty much all been named..G/L
07-12-2006, 11:35 AM,
Anything up by Door County, maybe out of Sturgeon Bay?
07-12-2006, 01:01 PM,
For Door County, you've got The Shoreline Resort out of Ellison Bay

Very well run charter as well.  Typically you'll dive the Frank O'Connor, E.R. Williams and the Pilot Island wrecks.  All really nice dives.
07-12-2006, 01:25 PM,

Jim isn't running dive charters this year.  He got a contract to do something else with the boat.
07-12-2006, 02:34 PM,
Their website has info stating that you should call the office for details on who is doing charters - might be worth looking into.